New Echo Pro saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, that's me.
$28.38 shipping. Damn. Well maybe if I can think of some other junk I need to share the shipping cost. Love how it says:
"available for sale only to authorized dealers, purchasing this item signifies that you confirm you are a certified small engine mechanic and will not use this tool for illegal purposes."
EPA has never heard of "right to repair".

My first thought is...are you filing the rakers? If so you are probably taking too much off causing the cutter to take too big of a bite and causing the bucking.
Honestly I just got into this 'hobby' about 3 years ago and man I had no clue how involved all of this was/is. I love it but still essentially in the learning phase and will be forever I imagine. I also do not really have a mentor so to speak to soak up experience and wisdom from so....here I am with an addiction to woodgrain and I am not prejudice. You should see my yard. And my buddy's yard. And my other buddy's yard haha!

Ok to the point....I haven't ventured any farther than what my local Home Depot, Ace Hardware, or TSC has to offer as far as chains go and I had to finally happen upon the right video( probably Bucking Billy) to even know about filing the rake so with that said, once I learned that vital bit of info I then had experience running filed and unfiled which of course is a necessary difference and concerning the plunging it didn't seem to make a difference. The teeth on your basic chain for the 590 are so much more significant than the other saws I was accustomed to, I just chalked it up to that. Plunging not being necessary in almost all cases, I'd sure like to be able to.
My first thought is...are you filing the rakers? If so you are probably taking too much off causing the cutter to take too big of a bite and causing the bucking.

Back