New Echo Pro saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got a 32” X-Tough Husqy bar. It’s made in Canada but doesn’t look like any Oregon bar I’ve seen. Doesn’t look Like a Sugi either.
I just got a 24 in x tough and a 24 in Echo pro bar. Both made in Canada and the echo had Blount industries on the back which is Oregon. The husky I agree looks much different, the sprocket tips are a completely different design and the husky has six rivets vs 5 on Echo/Powercut. It’s also got a very rough layer of paint on the bar rail whereas the Echo is smooth. The husky looks to be the stiffer more durable of the two but time will tell.

I just got a 24 in x tough and a 24 in Echo pro bar. Both made in Canada and the echo had Blount industries on the back which is Oregon. The husky I agree looks much different, the sprocket tips are a completely different design and the husky has six rivets vs 5 on Echo/Powercut. It’s also got a very rough layer of paint on the bar rail whereas the Echo is smooth. The husky looks to be the stiffer more durable of the two but time will tell.
Interesting I guess there starting to change now. I know In years past a lot of them were Oregon.

Who knows maybe it’s still made by Oregon but it’s definitely not the powercut design.

Attachments

• 12ADF009-E08B-4A1C-847D-19D24E853E98.jpeg
    12ADF009-E08B-4A1C-847D-19D24E853E98.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 611DBEA8-E0CD-4B58-9145-ACEC2FE37933.jpeg
    611DBEA8-E0CD-4B58-9145-ACEC2FE37933.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
So far my echo stuff has been bullet proof. The cs 400s I've run the heck out of them and the 590 seems to be holding up well. I bought them all at the dealer and they adjust the carb alil bit richer and run it. I added 24" bar and bigger twin felling spikes and the oring for the air filter

Yesterday in a rush to get out there tried to start both saws.
Then saw it was too windy, and both saws would not start.
So went cleaning up brush for many hours, went back to start both saws at the end of the day, and they both started easy.
Seems they wanted a vacation day ?

I guess my rushing flooded both saws, not sure how, but rushing to start the day never works well,,,lesson learned (again)

I love my 620 and the 400's and 361p are great for the price but 7310 isn't what I was hoping for. i don't own one but I have demoed them twice and the power just doesn't seem to be there for the weight.

I love my 620 and the 400's and 361p are great for the price but 7310 isn't what I was hoping for. i don't own one but I have demoed them twice and the power just doesn't seem to be there for the weight.
In stock form the 7310 isn't all that impressive but they're a whole different animal when ported.

In stock form the 7310 isn't all that impressive but they're a whole different animal when ported.
Either way, it performs like a 73cc saw should. I have a couple of friends that own them that also run 461’s and they are quite happy with how they perform, and they pull long bars. These guys have theirs broke in and are cutting wood, not timing cuts. If I needed a 70cc saw I’d get the Echo over the others just on simplicity and reliability alone. Caveat…. The ms461(76cc) is out of this equation.

Do you know who manufactures the one on the left? That’s what came with my saw. Like you said, not the normal Power Match or PowerCut. View attachment 969152
Not sure, I don’t think I saw anything other than husqvarna on the package. Since Oregon doesn’t make their chain anymore they probably don’t do bars either. My guess is that Husqvarna bought their own factory in Canada, that way all their import taxes stay the same. I’m just pulling that out of my behind though.

Either way, it performs like a 73cc saw should. I have a couple of friends that own them that also run 461’s and they are quite happy with how they perform, and they pull long bars. These guys have theirs broke in and are cutting wood, not timing cuts. If I needed a 70cc saw I’d get the Echo over the others just on simplicity and reliability alone. Caveat…. The ms461(76cc) is out of this equation.
Yes generally chainsaws are meant for cutting wood last I checked. Nobody ports a saw with the sole intention of busting out a stopwatch unless it's a race saw.

Not sure, I don’t think I saw anything other than husqvarna on the package. Since Oregon doesn’t make their chain anymore they probably don’t do bars either. My guess is that Husqvarna bought their own factory in Canada, that way all their import taxes stay the same. I’m just pulling that out of my behind though.
I couldn’t find anything either. I couldn’t find another brand with the same rivet design. I also have a hard time finding another Husqy “X-Tough” bar. I’m actually liking that bar a lot.

I looked for that bar too and couldn't find anything either. Does husky provide a part# for a new sprocket tip?
I’m not sure but I cant imagine they wouldn’t. The part number is on the bar. I’ll go look right now and see what I can find. I hadn’t thought about replacing the tip yet but when I tried looking for bars I came up empty handed. I found lots of “X-Tough Lites”.

Latest posts

Back