New Echo Pro saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On another note, here is a pic of my Echo 370. I got it in 2010. Looks like the build date is 2008. Still has a Kioritz sticker on it. Same saws as the modern 370 except it has an aluminum handle and black muffler. This saw has been run hard, and in its early days before I cared, was put up wet. I’ve learned to really love it and it’s light and easy on the back. Very tough saws. D97A2401-60C2-424E-8836-7E0B5B4A0866.jpeg

Hi. I run a stock CS-590 and am very pleased with it (also run CS355T and CS2511T for climbing). I have a 20" oregon bar and run the Oregon Chisel Chain.....saw rips.

Oregon 20" Latest Pro Chisel Chain 72EXL 70​

The EXL and EXJ chains are top notch in my opinion. I’ve had really good experience with them and I’ve run Stihl RS chainS on my Echo saws as well. Can’t tell any difference.

On another note, here is a pic of my Echo 370. I got it in 2010. Looks like the build date is 2008. Still has a Kioritz sticker on it. Same saws as the modern 370 except it has an aluminum handle and black muffler. This saw has been run hard, and in its early days before I cared, was put up wet. I’ve learned to really love it and it’s light and easy on the back. Very tough saws. View attachment 969444
Get the limiters off the carb adjusters and drill the catalytic **** out of the muffler and it’ll really scream. I’m not sure if my 370 ain’t my favorite saw... but my Redmax GZ3500T is right there with it. 😁

I've got two CS-370's. They are absolutely bulletproof. One resides at my daughters so I have a saw there when I visit, they live on 7 acres and heavily wooded.

The other spends most of it's life on the quad or side-by-side. It must have a zillions hours on it and has been flawless. Not overly powerful or high speed, but plenty of grunt and strong mid-range power. Both of mine are de-CATTED and limiter caps removed.....

I've got two CS-370's. They are absolutely bulletproof. One resides at my daughters so I have a saw there when I visit, they live on 7 acres and heavily wooded.

The other spends most of it's life on the quad or side-by-side. It must have a zillions hours on it and has been flawless. Not overly powerful or high speed, but plenty of grunt and strong mid-range power. Both of mine are de-CATTED and limiter caps removed.....
Both have 18” bars I’d probably guess? 😁

Get the limiters off the carb adjusters and drill the catalytic **** out of the muffler and it’ll really scream. I’m not sure if my 370 ain’t my favorite saw... but my Redmax GZ3500T is right there with it. 😁
I bought mine from a good dealer and they tuned it. I then moved up to high elevation and slowly became obsessed with chainsaws so I started reading. Soon after that, the limiters were off, the honeycomb was drilled out of the muffler and I started running a better bar and pro chain. It cut wood for our home for a few years until I bought a 50cc Stihl and it sat for a year until I pulled it back out and realized how nice it was to run. Went through a bunch of saws back then. Even had a little Dolmar 5100(Maruyama branded) and a Stihl 261. I was cutting a lot of fire wood. People always make comments about “run this and you’ll never pick up that again”. I don’t get into that. The Echo saws feel nice to me. The 370 isn’t what I would describe as a screamer but it’s powerful enough, light, and extremely smooth.

On another note, here is a pic of my Echo 370. I got it in 2010. Looks like the build date is 2008. Still has a Kioritz sticker on it. Same saws as the modern 370 except it has an aluminum handle and black muffler. This saw has been run hard, and in its early days before I cared, was put up wet. I’ve learned to really love it and it’s light and easy on the back. Very tough saws. View attachment 969444
C3D54A8B-BB2C-429B-93F6-460008405DF0.jpeg

You’re 9000 and however many saws older. 😁

I have a 590 and 620p wich i really like so when i heard the 7310 came out in canada i went to the dealer to buy one thinking it was gonna be reasonably priced like every other echo products i ever bought but they where asking 1400$ (canadian pesos ) for it . Since i drove all the way there and i knew i was gonna a grand before i walked through the fort door i ended up buying another 🙄 372 with a 20 and 28" bar and a couple chains for 1050$. Id be curious to try a 7310 tho

The only thing “pro” about the 590 is the crank case.
My cs590 with the Rim drive (30 bucks to change) thinks it's as good as the cs620 p. Im not going to tell it any better. Ever since 2015 it run the big bar when needed and cut beside a Stihl 391 just like it though it was a good saw. Poor thing just don't know any better.
received_2176233962631097.jpeg
IMG_20180320_173848.jpg

Mybigsaw.jpgMybigsaw.jpg

I have a 590 and 620p wich i really like so when i heard the 7310 came out in canada i went to the dealer to buy one thinking it was gonna be reasonably priced like every other echo products i ever bought but they where asking 1400$ (canadian pesos ) for it . Since i drove all the way there and i knew i was gonna a grand before i walked through the fort door i ended up buying another 🙄 372 with a 20 and 28" bar and a couple chains for 1050$. Id be curious to try a 7310 tho
I like my 7310 and expect many good years out of it but it’s not worth 350 bucks more than an x torq. That’s just crazy, it’s the modern version of a 372 oe which is awesome, it’s not a 500i. Also an Echo being more expensive than it’s comparable husky kinda ruins that echo appeal.

Smart move. 1400 is a bit much for the 7310 but I'm not sure on exchange rates and other stuff. I would probly buy the makita/dolmar 7900/7910 before I bought the echo. Guys say the echo is a bit heavy on the power to weight ratio but after porting it the power to weight gap closes considerably

Back