New Echos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bret4207

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Went to a new to me shop an hour or so away yesterday to drop off a side by side. They had a wall full of the new Echos. I even got to heft the 73 cc job. Gotta say, they feel pretty good and the shop reports good reviews from local loggers trying them. I'm trying to steer one of my boys in that direction.

You wont find one negative thing said about the 7310. many great YouTube vids tearing them down and running them and they are a solid "GO".

And probably the best filtration on any stock saw available.

And finally a common large mount husky tail mount.
That's really nice to know. The one thing that has stopped me from buying an Echo 620 or 590 is I would have to rebar and chain a whole new saw. Now my curiosity is getting the best of me. I'll be googleing shortly

That's really nice to know. The one thing that has stopped me from buying an Echo 620 or 590 is I would have to rebar and chain a whole new saw. Now my curiosity is getting the best of me. I'll be googleing shortly
I've had a few 620s and one 590, awesome saw but the bar mount bugged me. stupid I know but just thought it would be cool to have all the same chains for all my 20" bars.

I'm curious how many commercial logging operations use Echos

In my area several, however that is because the good stihl dealer sold put to a side by side dealer that doesn't car about saws. Add in the echo dealer is flat out awesome in every way. They go above and beyond for customer service.

I've had a few 620s and one 590, awesome saw but the bar mount bugged me. stupid I know but just thought it would be cool to have all the same chains for all my 20" bars.
Regarding bar mounts for the Echo 620/590, it has been discussed before about using an adapter. The post below has some info with an adapter for Stihl 3003 pattern bars to be used on the Echo CS-590/620. I bought the adapter from AS member @Homelite410. In my experience, the oil holes on a stock Stihl bar lined up perfectly with no modifications. The Stihl bar I'm using is 3/8" pitch 20" bar with 72 DL .050 gauge chain. I haven't really observed any negative side of using the adapter. It maybe takes one extra second when you are reinstalling the bar to make sure it is properly over the adapter as you are beginning to install the side cover.

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/echo-620p.341411/#post-7266486

I had the stihl mount for my 620. Worked perfectly. I should've added that info in my above post. Thank you you for writing this as I'm sure many with the 590 and 620 don't know that inexpensive part exists.

So, a Stihl bar is compatible with adapter and NO oil hole mods needed? I've used a husky bar in a pinch just fine, though not ideal.

Is the new Echo 7310 not using large mount husky setup, I think they are,
not sure link count though.

Latest posts

Back