New F750 vs Freightliner M2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMo

Reaction score
Do you guys have any thoughts on a new chip truck. Considering a Freightliner M2 106 with a DD8 7.7L vs a F750XL with a PS 6.7L.

Both are new. The Ford has a 5 year warranty vs the FL which has a 3 year.

Thank you

I used to work for ford. Not the biggest fan. I do however like thier trucks, honest. If I needed bigger than a F250 or F350 it would not be a Ford. I say buy the Freightliner, hands down.

I don’t see any/many F650 F750s on the road either, you’d think there would be more if they were truly great. 5 year warranty is great and all but how many Ford techs at a typicall dealer have even seen one, let alone been in one, have worked on one, have any previous knowledge?

I worked for a ford dealer with a 18 bay shop and 4 truck bays in the back. We sold LOTS of trucks, normal work trucks. Spent a few years there, only saw one of those f650 super cruiser rucks. Only came in the shop for the new car checklist. After that never saw it again. You say good, it doesn’t break(I’ll remind anyone it was too new to break much just yet).

Last I knew they had the same power joke ford invented diesel the 250/350s has, could be wrong about that these days. Ford left international at the turn of the century to make their own motor, mistake not soon forgotten if you ask me. Should have seen all the washed down cylinders and problems in 02/03 they had. What a mess they made, hopefully they’ve made it better.

My $0.35

from a friend & former freightliner mech - "we build quantity not quality".
having spent bout 40 yr in trucks, dont like em much past mid 80s. freightshaker was a pet name, like k wobbler.
dunno bout ferds.

For the record I don’t know nothing about friightlinerds. I thought they were a major player and a decent brand, or maybe used to be like a lot of other things used to be too. I just would not pick a 6 or 750 unless I found out it’s the same everything as ford tow trucks, wich also do not seem as common these days.

Anyway, good luck.

A

Back