New guy from TN

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwtr02ss

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all. My wife and I just purchased some property that will need some clearing. I found this forum while researching saws so I decided to join and see what I can learn. I'm a complete newb in this area so I'm sure I'll ask dumb questions. Be patient with me please. Anywho, I'm not doing all the clearing myself, I'm just preparing myself to get an area cleared so I can park comfortably off the road after I get a culvert and load of stone laid down. There's several trees that have fallen that will need cleaned up as well. I hope to learn a lot from you all.

Also, as far the saw, I'm leaning towards the 362 R c-m but I haven't ruled out the Husqy 562xp. Both optioned with the 20" bar

I second Greenthorn's nomination of the 261. Buy a top quality saw with good Dealer Support and a saw that you can get parts for. I hope you purchased your land in Middle or East Tennessee. I spent many years in
Southwest Tennessee and the FBI has Memphis in the number 1 position for Crime.

Welcome aboard the nuthouse, as a homeowner, I would recommend the MS 261CM, I cut a lot of clean up and firewood and this is probably my most used saw.
I will have to take a look at that. I wasn't wanting a heavy saw but the more I looked around, the more everyone were recommending a 362 for an all around work horse.
I second Greenthorn's nomination of the 261. Buy a top quality saw with good Dealer Support and a saw that you can get parts for. I hope you purchased your land in Middle or East Tennessee. I spent many years in
Im in East Tennessee. The land is in Cumberland County so I'm far enough away from the bs of the cities.

Welcome aboard the nuthouse, as a homeowner, I would recommend the MS 261CM, I cut a lot of clean up and firewood and this is probably my most used saw.

After much reading and deliberation, I'm going with the 261 c-m. My best friend has a 38cc and a 60cc husqvarna that I can get anytime. I figured the 50cc would be a nice addition for the both of us.

Thanks again for the vote of confidence in the 261. My wife and wallet thank you!

After much reading and deliberation, I'm going with the 261 c-m. My best friend has a 38cc and a 60cc husqvarna that I can get anytime. I figured the 50cc would be a nice addition for the both of us.

Thanks again for the vote of confidence in the 261. My wife and wallet thank you!

Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here from experts in a bunch of fields. Just be warned if you spend too much time here you will have more saws than you can use. When I joined I had one, now I have more than I need but less than I want.

Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here from experts in a bunch of fields. Just be warned if you spend too much time here you will have more saws than you can use. When I joined I had one, now I have more than I need but less than I want.
Thank you for the welcome. Isn't that the way it goes tho? I have a problem with digging too deep in my hobbies. Cars, photography, travel, saws (apparently) :drinkingcoffee:

I will have to take a look at that. I wasn't wanting a heavy saw but the more I looked around, the more everyone were recommending a 362 for an all around work horse.

Im in East Tennessee. The land is in Cumberland County so I'm far enough away from the bs of the cities.
Been going to East Tennessee since 1969.We always stopped in Crossville on the Plateau to shop a the Cumberland General Store on Hwy. 127 It's a shame they move it to Georgia. Your almost in Heaven.

Been going to East Tennessee since 1969.We always stopped in Crossville on the Plateau to shop a the Cumberland General Store on Hwy. 127 It's a shame they move it to Georgia. Your almost in Heaven.
I really like it here.

Back