New Here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

028 super

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all
I,m new here. I would like to thank you for all the help I found in old posts and my wife thanks you for my new addiction. I have fixed two of my Dads old saws that were no longer running which he replaced with new ones. He agreed to if I fix them they were mine. so I converted the Stihl 028WB to electronic ignition as it would no linger run on points. (found a donor saw for $4.00 at a garage sale). Ran like new, new chain and a good used bar and I was going with that one. His 028 super needed a little more TLC. He had leaned seized it several years ago. I replaces the piston with a Meteor piston, replaced fuel and impulse line, and intake boot, along with crank seals. Managed to clean the jug up and got that one running. Than my BIL gave me an old Stihl saw taken apart and in a box for who knows how long. Left by a previous owner where they live. Turned out to be a leaned seizes 041 super electronic.
I put a new Cross piston in and replaced intake gaskets rebuilt the carb. Flushed out the crank case and replaced crank seals. Had another running saw. Along with the 028 AV and 028 Super I already had I became hooked. I have fixed stuff all my life, just never knew I would enjoy chainsaw's so much. Since than I have gotten given to me a craftsman (Old Poulan) top handle saw and a little 33cc Homie throw away saw That was hardly used. Now I want to find a non running 038 mag or Mag II to rebuild (Looking, Anyone????). and some day have the 038 AV, Super , and a Magnum.
I searched old posts here and found answers to all questions that came up in getting the saws running so thank you for your help. Steve

Welcome and you will probably like the top handle poulan very much. Great little saws.

I like the little Homie better for brushing. Alway just used a 028 for everything Kinda like using a little saw now for the topping

Hello all
I,m new here. I would like to thank you for all the help I found in old posts and my wife thanks you for my new addiction. I have fixed two of my Dads old saws that were no longer running which he replaced with new ones. He agreed to if I fix them they were mine. so I converted the Stihl 028WB to electronic ignition as it would no linger run on points. (found a donor saw for $4.00 at a garage sale). Ran like new, new chain and a good used bar and I was going with that one. His 028 super needed a little more TLC. He had leaned seized it several years ago. I replaces the piston with a Meteor piston, replaced fuel and impulse line, and intake boot, along with crank seals. Managed to clean the jug up and got that one running. Than my BIL gave me an old Stihl saw taken apart and in a box for who knows how long. Left by a previous owner where they live. Turned out to be a leaned seizes 041 super electronic.
I put a new Cross piston in and replaced intake gaskets rebuilt the carb. Flushed out the crank case and replaced crank seals. Had another running saw. Along with the 028 AV and 028 Super I already had I became hooked. I have fixed stuff all my life, just never knew I would enjoy chainsaw's so much. Since than I have gotten given to me a craftsman (Old Poulan) top handle saw and a little 33cc Homie throw away saw That was hardly used. Now I want to find a non running 038 mag or Mag II to rebuild (Looking, Anyone????). and some day have the 038 AV, Super , and a Magnum.
I searched old posts here and found answers to all questions that came up in getting the saws running so thank you for your help. Steve

Very nice man, and a good change of pace with the search dealie and you finding enough info to proceed with repairs, most guys can't make it work that well.

Great story on the saws, welcome to the site and good luck with your addiction. So far I have not found a thread on dealing with CAD or any hot lines that would lead you to a rehab institute. The biggest problem is that 2cycle is available all over the US and is not being controlled in any way, find an old saw add a few parts and the next thing you know your pumping 50/1 again.:givebeer:

Back