New load of firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I thought my tree guy had went out of business or found a better place to dump his logs I kept calling and calling but he never answered or text me back. Turns out he went to Mexico for a month.
I was surprised when he showed up out of the blue with a big load of red oak.
Good thing he showed up because I was down to my last pile.
I have gotten use to working dry logs that have been sitting here through the summer heat and drought.
The first thing this morning I went to start cutting my new pile and before I got my first cut, I tripped and hit the ground hard. I was able to walk it off but my wrist is pretty sore from using it to break my fall.
Dont worry, that log was the first one I cut.

What i've noticed is the older you get, the faster gravity acts on you. One minute you're going about your business, the next your staring at the sky .:surprised3:
I raced motocross till I was 57 years old. The fun part is jumping huge jumps and when you reach the apex you are weightless for a few moments, then gravity pulls you back down. It's not the fall, it's the sudden stop. My wrist is swelling a little. I don't think I broke anything, it feels more like a pulled tendon. I have been rag dolled more times then I can remember.

The last time I tripped with a running saw in my hands I landed on my elbow and dis located my shoulder, for the 3 time. It hurts like fxxk when they move it around and put it back in place.
You could say I know gravity very well.

I thought my tree guy had went out of business or found a better place to dump his logs I kept calling and calling but he never answered or text me back. Turns out he went to Mexico for a month.
I was surprised when he showed up out of the blue with a big load of red oak.
Good thing he showed up because I was down to my last pile.
I have gotten use to working dry logs that have been sitting here through the summer heat and drought.
The first thing this morning I went to start cutting my new pile and before I got my first cut, I tripped and hit the ground hard. I was able to walk it off but my wrist is pretty sore from using it to break my fall.
Dont worry, that log was the first one I cut.
Last year I tripped in the woodpile and my plastic gas can broke my fall, I hit it so hard gas squirted out with a hissing noise, My ribs were sore for at least a week. I walk very carefully anymore, But I still slip up once in awhile. Glad you are okay!

Last year I tripped in the woodpile and my plastic gas can broke my fall, I hit it so hard gas squirted out with a hissing noise, My ribs were sore for at least a week. I walk very carefully anymore, But I still slip up once in awhile. Glad you are okay!
It hurt for the rest of the day and most of the night but it's much better today. Thanks for thinking about me. It means a lot even if I don't know you personally.

Latest posts

Back