New log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s good. I also caught mine on sale and had a 10% seasonal coupon so the 30 ton was $1260 plus tax. I really wanted the north star with the Honda I just couldn’t justify the money.
My first 2 splitters had B&S motors and did fine except for one that had a carb issue. That could have been more of a fuel issue then the carb.
The Kohler motor on my first 40 ton has ran perfectly with zero issues in 4 years. I don't think it's a design issue with most of them, it's a quality control issue.

I ran the new one for about an hour this afternoon at a low rpm to give it it's first heat cycle to start breaking it in. I have a few small mods to make like I did with my other one. First thing is to replace the oil tank vent cap with a water proof one. Then I need to get a digital rpm/hour meter and weld a piece of flat bar stock on the foot to keep wood from slipping off.
Any pics of the vent cap? where did you buy it? thanks.

Any pics of the vent cap? where did you buy it? thanks.
No I have not gotten that far yet. I'm ether gonna order one on line or wait till I'm somewhere I can pick one up. Not making a special trip for the part.
As long as you cover it when not in use the one that came with it is fine. The one that came with it is a good SS with a dipstick on it. But it has a flaw in the breather hole is located where rain water can seep in if it's left out in the rain.Ask me how I know! Countyline has put a clear return line on it so it's easy to monitor the condition of the hydraulic oil.IMG_5109.JPGIMG_5111.JPG

Back