New member. Hello!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chazz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I joined as I was very interested in this thread - "SUCCESS!!! Just repaired Stihl 045/056 Bosch electronic ignition!!!!!" by @foggysail I have this problem and intend to try this repair to my Stihl 041 AV Electronic chainsaw as it would appear to be the same Bosch unit. This saw was a beast after I set it up and was running really well but recently started shutting off after 10 or so minutes. Now it has no spark at all. I have checked all the usual things like plug, HT lead, cut off switch and associated wiring. I had assumed it would be the coil but found it was permanently wired into the electronic unit as was the primary coil (if that is the correct term) so came on line to see what my options were. Thankfully I found THEE thread and here we are. I need to go now and read the whole thread and do some studying :0) I would appreciate some guidance on the capacitor as I cannot seem to find the correct one. Has this capacitor been upgraded? Any updates will be greatly appreciated.
All the best from Chazz in Windy, Wet but Bonnie Scotland.

Can't answer the question on updates but these sort of capacitors do not really update, but? When I needed some I just Googled the spec which is quite clearly written in the posts with a number of possible options.
If you get stuck let me know and I can send you one as I bought a couple or three

Welcome to the jungle, all sorts of people in here. Only a few will wish you the very best by heart and ability. Stay on top of it.

Back