New mid Georgia 2015 Spring GTG May 30 with directions and details.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
Can't edit the other thread so I'm starting this one to provide the data for the May 30 GTG in Pike County, GA.

The address that will bring you close with a GPS is 523 Green St. Concord, GA 30206.
This is a residence that is near the airbase where the GTG is being held.

We're about an hour or so south of Atlanta, GA. About an hour from Macon and a little over an hour from Columbus, GA.

You don't want to come through Atlanta at rush hour so plan accordingly. On Friday, you'll want to avoid from 4pm to 7pm.

The GTG will start about 9am on Saturday the 30th if May. It will go until dark or until people leave.
Food will be provided. Beverage will be provided (lemonade and water). If you want soft drinks or sweet tea, bring your own. We will have ice available for them.

Bring desserts if you want to bring something.

Food provided will be simple with the menu consisting of hotdogs, venison/sausage burgers/chips/beans/ and maybe some slaw or tater salad. We will also supply plates, cups, flatware, etc.

There is room to camp if you are self contained. If you plan to arrive before Saturday, let me know as you'll need better directions since the signs won't be out yet.

No alcoholic beverages please.

Bring your own PPE such as chaps, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc.
Bring your own fuel/oil if you bring saws to run.

Feel free to bring any saws to run, trade, sell, etc. There will be saws available for sale so either bring money if you would like to buy one or leave your money home if that will be too powerful of a temptation. We can't be responsible for CAD attacks and they are likely to occur at an event such as this...

Spouses and children are welcome. Children will need close supervision. This is adjacent to an active airstrip with sailplane activity. Sailplane rides may be available for a fee, depending.

If you want to take some cookies (wood slices) home with you, feel free to do that.

We have plenty of logs on site. (could use a big log or two if someone nearby has one handy and can move it...)

We have a covered area we can utilize if necessary so this event will take place rain or shine. We will set up in an airplane hangar. Bring camp chairs if you like. We will have some chairs and also have some table/bench space to display and work on saws. There is a thread from last years GTG which has a lot of info and pics in it if you want to know a little more.
If someone needs additional info, pm me or call me at 770-584-9020 between the hours of 9am and midnight.
Ya'll come!

Check for additional info in the Georgia GTG thread in the stickies on top of the first page. May 30 is coming fast. Get your stuff together.

Time's getting close! Just a few more days for chainsaw fun (and food of course). If anyone has any questions, feel free to call me @ 770-584-9020. NO TEXTS! We got some badly needed rain yesterday but it is forecast to be dry on Saturday. Either way, it will happen.

Georgia 2015 Spring GTG is ready to go. Weather is forecast to be dry and sunny. Have about 8 chainsaws available for purchase from $50 to $600. Some non-runner project saws too. Ask me when you get here and I'll let you know what I've got as it's not all at the GTG site. (my shop is about a mile from there.) If anyone needs more info, call me at 770-584-9020. Leave a message with your phone number if I don't answer. If you don't have Verizon or someone that uses their towers, cell service will be sketchy. Look for lime green signs that say GTG once you get in the vicinity and they'll lead you in. We'll go from about 09:00 to dark.

Back