New Milwaukee 12v for saw repairs - Disappointed..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next thing your going to figure out is these tools only produce about 65-75% of their claimed torque using the biggest battery offered, using the small battery you'll be lucky to see half the rated 1300 inch pounds. At a true 100lbs of torque those little 1/4" hex shafts snap right off. Where these tools shine is in the variable trigger control, it should work excellent for machine screws, wood screws, deck screws , m6 shanked bolt and the majority of m8's. FYI hex/allen/torx/safety torx/flat/phillips all come in 1/4" , 3/8" and 1/2 drive. The M18 battery cases break on the upper half where the tiny safety torx screw into, warrantied 2 so far and super glued a 3rd due to to the 1/2 drive fuel impact having crappy tolerances in the battery receiver and 0 extra reinforcements for rigidity so when it gets down to business the heavy 8ah battery is beaten around a lot. The m12 batteries like to break at the squeeze release points if dropped.
That's right if it did 100 lbs it would take SUV and car lug nuts off consistently.

We use 18/20 v Milwaukee, Dewalt and Makita cordless tools at work, oilfield service company. Overall the Makita is the oldest set of tools and are the best of the 3. Impact wrenches, reciprocating saws, circular saws, drill/drivers, flashlights, grinders, etc.

We use 18/20 v Milwaukee, Dewalt and Makita cordless tools at work, oilfield service company. Overall the Makita is the oldest set of tools and are the best of the 3. Impact wrenches, reciprocating saws, circular saws, drill/drivers, flashlights, grinders, etc.
I'll second that. A friend worked for an outfit that sold Dewalt, Milwaukee and Makita. He turned me onto Makita brushless as he said they where the best. I don't know how they compare to Milwaukee but Makita is definitely better than the Dewalt stuff I had before.16389767003811507279699082683081.jpg

I
My 20v dewalt batteries are finally dying after about 8-10 years of use. I need ro replace them. Haven’t had any breaking issues with any of my Milwaukee batteries YET, and hope I don’t. Definitely not impressed with the Milwaukee cordless chainsaw but that battery is an absolute beast in other tools.
I had good luck w/ batterybatterybatterydotcom and they have Milwaukee?

I had 18 V yellow DeWalt tools for about 12 years, because I had such a good service with the 12 V drill‘s before that. The 18s I don’t think were built as well. Switching over to red, but the half inch medium torque impact wrench that I bought two months ago it’s claimed to have 650 foot pounds of what they call nut busting torque meaning reverse,. I used it on some heavier stuff last week and it wouldn’t really wouldn’t loosen the nuts even though it rattled for about 20 seconds. I used a cheater pipe and I’m estimating it was less than 200 foot pounds, not 650, so it’s going to go back to the service center for checking. I’m sure they’re going to say everything‘s OK but I’m quite disappointed. It will spin off pick up Lugnuts but It won’t do anything more than that. Disappointing, for almost 500 bucks for the kit.

I found out all them high dollar name brand tools are all made by the same Chinese Company, the brand names have all been sold to the company buying the tools.

I use impact guns for almost all disassembly unless its in a very tight spot then the m12 ratchet comes out, assembly is a different animal that depends on several variables to whether its hand assembled, torque wrench or just impacted back together. These companies are not stupid if your running any heavy use item such as a skil saw, sawzall, impact gun you better be using a minimum of a 5ah battery or the tool just wont even perform near its ability and they know your going to have to buy the 180 dollar battery to use the 400 dollar impact to remove that nut set at 400 fp. For example I rotated the tires on my wife's car using the 2ah battery(because its lite) in my huge impact and by the 4th tire that battery was dead and the tool struggled to remove the lug nuts torqued to 80fp . My 5ah battery will swap tires on several cars and have the juice to remove 1 ton truck brake caliper bracket bolts lock tighted in. My chicago pneumatic industrial 1/2 impact gun has more balls running at 180 psi but its so much easier and faster to use the cordless impacts. The reason I went milwaukee was the 3/8 stubby impact guns, 1/4 ratchet and I just keep expanding as I need things but still crying a little at every purchase... ffs their expensive.

I started out with Makita drivers,drill and screwdriver gear and they were good early on but the 12 volt stuff started failing too quickil and the guys around me that were running Milwaukee were doing so much better that I bought the first 12 volt set. It was great but got stolen off the truck , the 18 volt had just came out on the market. I replaced the stolen set with all 18 volt stuff and never looked back, yes they are expensive but they make me money.

Latest posts

Back