• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell New Precision Instruments 1/2" Drive Split Beam Torque Wrench with Flex Head - (Revised)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a new, unused, Precision Instruments PREC3FR250F 1/2" drive Flex Head Split Beam Torque Wrench to offer.
The wrench has a ratchet head with partial flex movement. The wrench is not reversible in as much as the ratchet applies torque in the normal tightening direction and free wheels in the opposite direction. The torque setting is set by lifting the locking tab over the setting wheel and the wheel is turned to the desired torque shown in the indicator window that ranges from 50 to 250 ft#. The setting does not need to be reset to zero during storage. When in use, the wrench gives an audible click when the set torque is reached. Overall length of the wrench is 22" making it effective at applying torque. It comes in a nice hard plastic storage case.
I have one myself and can't believe that I waited so many years not having it. I love it.
I had an opportunity to buy two and they came new from a commercial enterprise, not a private seller.
Looking for $160 including shipping . Sorry, but I can't send it outside mainland USA.small DSCF2329.jpgsmall DSCF2334.jpgsmall DSCF2337.jpgsmall DSCF2333.jpgsmall DSCF2326.jpgsmall DSCF2327.jpg

Craftsman torque wrenches are not bad i still own two of them, pretty accurate but are not refined like a higher quality tool. The way it fits in your hand, the way you adjust the settings, the gear slop in the head and how many teeth are on the drive spline, and the fact you can get the higher quality tool calibrated and certified accurate all come into play in the cost. I have tightened many a head bolt using a craftsman but you fight the tool more and if your tightening small fasteners or changing settings often the better tool makes things much easier. Personally I prefer a manual adjuster over digital.

I've got a Craftsman 1/2 Digitorq wrench I've used for 20 years. It's basically like all the other torque wrenches with a twist handle and spring inside. The Digitorq feature was just a small window that showed the torque setting. Always irritating to have to unwind it after use to make sure it stayed somewhat close to accurate. My son untwisted it about 2 weeks ago after we rotated tires. I guess he unwound it too far. It's fubared beyond repair. I swear that boy has lost or damaged more of my good tools in the last 2 years than I have since I started buying my own tools in about 1995.... Really tempted to bite the bullet and buy this one.

Back