New Project?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushswamper523

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Good afternoon all
I was sitting on my couch contemplating and thinking(I know scary thought). I want to get another project saw. I want a 60 cc area saw seeing as I don't have one. Weird I know. I don't want to go out and buy one I prefer to resurrect one from the grave and I seem to be doing a lot of lately. I would prefer a stihl, husky, or echo. I want your opinions on my next project. I don't care about brand all models are welcome for suggestion. I don't port, I build close to stock and I want to be able to use it when I'm done. Looking for strong runners and reliable. Thanks in advance for the suggestions and let us see where this goes.

034/036/360 if you want Stihl.

61-266-268-272 series or 357/359 if you want Husqvarna, or the Jonsered equivalent.

Echo 590/600/620 if you can find one that needs resurrection.
I would love to get my hands on a husky 266 but that saw is hard to touch blown up everyone keeps a fixes them it seams.
Super Pro 60 McCulloch, its reliable, strong,and has good anti-vibe. There's literally nothing to be done with port or performance work, they run tip/top from the factory.
Oh never thought of the macs I did a pro mac 850 awhile back that is a pretty fun saw.
Keep em coming guys can't be the only ones out there. I will take leads on a few too if you guys got them and want to give them up. Lol

I sold my old Poulan Pro 380. It's the yellow and black OLD professional 60 cc saw..That was a strong good saw..One of the Last Poulan Professional built before Poulan changed hands... Actually after I bought it the dealer tried to buy it back...Poulan was a real saw back in my day.. IT had AV too..I'm getting old so I sold it and bought a new cs590 Echo back in 2015. Working on Saws are no longer fun for me..I did split wood today.. I injured my shoulder a while back. Doc said I need Physical Therapy.. Splitting Fire Wood seems like it's what the doctor ordered. Ha. Ha.. This ole mule ain't gonna stop till I drop and when I do,, just cover me up or burn me up..I'll not care anymore..When I was young I thought I had two choices for finding pleasure. Women or Work. Like all young men I choose Women.. Little did I know living with Women will work you to death. Ha Ha.. and when I got married pleasure was few and far in between. Ha. Ha. NOW that i'm single I enjoy work and avoid women. Some men avoid work and women avoid them.. Ha. Ha.. My lazy buddy hunts and fishes all day.. NOW all he has is his fishing rod and hound dogs.. Honey said, NO money,, honey,,,, no job,,, good bye BOB. She left him because she didn't want to work either..Now the only way he's gonna get a wet worm is sticking it on a fish hook. Ha Ha..

Back