New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Might take a little time to come together, but this is where I’ll be posting from now on. I just (respectfully of course) think it’s time for a change. So let’s do it.

This should be a place where we can all discuss tree work/equipment, and post pics (stills welcome, as well as videos lol) like men, without the bs we’ve had going on in the past. Let us all get a fresh start!! After all, we’re supposed to be grown men here. Let’s try and act like it!

There, I did it! Now let’s ****ing go, you pussies!!! Lol

I did the usual internet searching, etc., saw a few posts related to that model from people like Dave with branch manager, Phil from AS (Smallwood), etc. So I contacted Phil since I kind of knew him from the site years back. Phil bought the slightly smaller machine. He had some problems with it but said if he had it to do over again he would’ve bought the 2750, said he knew people that bought them and just ran them without significant issues. That and they’ve been making that model for a wanna say something like a decade. Also, when I called the guy at Tracked Lifts, he had a pretty good pitch pointing out how that was what the big companies were buying, how long they’ve been in production, etc. That and the Ash borer sold me.

I actually managed to copy and paste the above from a pm conversation I was having with someone last week that asked me the same question. I kinda cringed when you asked it again, but that saved a lot of effort. Major advances here lol.

I did the usual internet searching, etc., saw a few posts related to that model from people like Dave with branch manager, Phil from AS (Smallwood), etc. So I contacted Phil since I kind of knew him from the site years back. Phil bought the slightly smaller machine. He had some problems with it but said if he had it to do over again he would’ve bought the 2750, said he knew people that bought them and just ran them without significant issues. That and they’ve been making that model for a wanna say something like a decade. Also, when I called the guy at Tracked Lifts, he had a pretty good pitch pointing out how that was what the big companies were buying, how long they’ve been in production, etc. That and the Ash borer sold me.

I actually managed to copy and paste the above from a pm conversation I was having with someone last week that asked me the same question. I kinda cringed when you asked it again, but that saved a lot of effort. Major advances here lol.
Haha

There’s a lot of things I like about them. The configuration of the lower “scissors” (just how I think of it, not a technical term) style booms and “zero tail swing”, coupled with 52 working feet of side reach, make it a pretty sweet deal.
Eventually I’ll need a lift. We still figure out how to get it done with out one. My plan was this year but I’m going to see how the season goes first.

Might take a little time to come together, but this is where I’ll be posting from now on. I just (respectfully of course) think it’s time for a change. So let’s do it.

This should be a place where we can all discuss tree work/equipment, and post pics (stills welcome, as well as videos lol) like men, without the bs we’ve had going on in the past. Let us all get a fresh start!! After all, we’re supposed to be grown men here. Let’s try and act like it!

There, I did it! Now let’s ****ing go, you pussies!!! Lol
good move. sounds like a good final flush.

Just curious.

Why ol' Jefferson for this job, rather than picking them up with your fancy pants crane truck? Surely you could pluck blocks straight off the stem with that?

Fancy pants is in the body shop. A few months back someone pulled out right in front of us causing almost 24k in damage to the drivers side. It really didn't look like anywhere near that much, but is getting a new nose, hyd tank... tire was gashed, so tire, rim alignment... battery box, etc.

No injuries thankfully. Guy was lucky I was paying attention. I was 3/4 loaded with logs coming down a long hill with a line of cars behind me on a straightaway when he just started pulling out. I veered to the right as much as I could without going off the road and hit the city horn (was all I could reach that fast) hoping he would see me, but he just kept coming. My front tire and rim took most of the direct impact. Looked like a scene from Nascar in my rear view. One of my guys was with me. He saw it coming too. As I was attempting my evasive maneuvers with the log truck, he was screaming like a little ***** lol.

So I am looking forward to having the new mini giant later next week hopefully. Should be nice to have a lightweight machine, especially for mud season.

Just another tool to have in the toolbox. I like how it is already changing the way I look at certain estimates to a degree. A definite sign of a useful piece of equipment.

Latest posts

Back