New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went and looked at the 250xp, its a beast, runs excellent, no vibration with the disc spinning, new clutch 3 months ago
guy does not know the exact year it was built, and it appears the hour meter doesnt work, machine needs a few small parts but thats a job for tomorrow afternoon when i get it home, looking through the side panels it appears to be the 4bt cummins, got plenty of power for wet silver maple (dude shoved some 8-10" in there, and it ate whole logs without a single care)
going to be lightyears ahead of what Ive been running, had to buy a pintle (ran around town for a few hours, finally found one, turns out a 2 5/16" ball/pintle is a pain in the @$$ to find)

Good pick up. Geez, Pa is going to be busy shuffling gear around....

Getting toward the most difficult part of running a business - staffing.

Good pick up. Geez, Pa is going to be busy shuffling gear around....

Getting toward the most difficult part of running a business - staffing.
only staff we will get is a dude to drag brush, dont want or need the headache
im looking at a few different dump bed trucks, staying in the F350 or 3500 range, cant go bigger without a cdl really, I found an F350 powerstroke (1995) about 7 hours away for 8K, everything I want, but a little steep on the price, although itll pay for itself in no time

Oh my look at that wheel! That's gonna grind through those ficus stumps in no time.

Why did the company get 3 bandit and 1 Vermeer chipper? Why not just 4 bandits?

How many guys do you have running these days to use all that nice equipment?
We got a deal on the Bandits while we had to wait on the Vermeer, I like both, we don't have our Morbarks anymore due to CARB. We have two yards, San Diego south and north. South has 23 guys and north has 21. We are a beast!, lol
Jeff
It was a beautiful day!

Beast of a grinder.

Still waiting on my new Vermeer grinder (since December), supposed delivery was last week. Bit more constrained in my purchase though - only the SC382, no remote unfortunately, but will be brand new.
The remotes are going to be awhile, a nationwide shortage for the computer chips.

you can as they are under 26001 gvwr
put a 6800 pound chipper behind it, now combined is over 26k
I believe you could still be we well under, if your truck empty weighs 8000 plus 6800 chipper plus 12 yards of chips about 6000 lb puts you at 21,000 lb plus the weight of whatever chip box you put on. Our c7500 full of chips pulling the chipper is under cdl.

Just saying because if you can get a bigger truck pulling at half capacity it's better than a smaller truck that's maxed out all the time

We got a deal on the Bandits while we had to wait on the Vermeer, I like both, we don't have our Morbarks anymore due to CARB. We have two yards, San Diego south and north. South has 23 guys and north has 21. We are a beast!, lol
Jeff
It was a beautiful day

Forgot about about CARB. The used chipper market must be insane for compliant machines.

Your employee count is impressive. I'm glad you guys can keep that many guys busy! You must be very organized to pull that off.

Jeff
It was a beautiful day

Forgot about about CARB. The used chipper market must be insane for compliant machines.

Your employee count is impressive. I'm glad you guys can keep that many guys busy! You must be very organized to pull that off.

you can as they are under 26001 gvwr
put a 6800 pound chipper behind it, now combined is over 26k, gotta have a cdl, and im not going to play around and find out

Combined weight doesn’t come into play unless the trailer is over 10,000 lbs. You can run a 26,000 gvw air braked truck with an under 10,000 lb chipper all day long without anything other than a driver’s license and med card. The trailer is the controlling factor.

Combined weight doesn’t come into play unless the trailer is over 10,000 lbs. You can run a 26,000 gvw air braked truck with an under 10,000 lb chipper all day long without anything other than a driver’s license and med card. The trailer is the controlling factor.
this goes against everything ive heard for tennessee, but I can go check again

hmm, guess your right

also, hard to find anything bigger than an F350 for cheap around here, although I found an older chevy dump with a 6-71 detroit for like 11K

this isnt the first time ive seen it, when we looked at the chipper the guy had it parked, jack down and wheels chocked, but with the pintle still connected, safety chains and light wiring dis connected, I would figure if he is swapping trucks as they fill up, he would just dis connect it entirely, and back a truck up to it?
thoughts as to why he did it the way he did? something I need to consider? (first time chipper owner/operator, I have an idea how to run one, but setups like this go over my head)

this isnt the first time ive seen it, when we looked at the chipper the guy had it parked, jack down and wheels chocked, but with the pintle still connected, safety chains and light wiring dis connected, I would figure if he is swapping trucks as they fill up, he would just dis connect it entirely, and back a truck up to it?
thoughts as to why he did it the way he did? something I need to consider? (first time chipper owner/operator, I have an idea how to run one, but setups like this go over my head)

He’s probably a moron. We get a lot of those.

After a year long wait, we got our new stump grinder delivered yesterday, 2022 SC70TX with the new VSC cutting wheel, gonna take it out Monday for some massive ficus stumps. So far this year the company has got me 3 Bandit 18xl Intimidator chippers, a Vermeer 1800xl and this stump grinder. Nice having new stuff.View attachment 988198View attachment 988198View attachment 988199

That’s a beautiful looking machine Jeff! What does a machine like that go for now? Gotta be pushing 100k I bet?

Yeah, As a manager on salary, I don't have much personal time, my girls are grown and my friends are few and I like my job, so I'm good. :yes:
Jeff

I'm really looking forward to the feed system in the gasser 19xpc. It should be far more productive than our current 15" chipper. We always stage all brush and then machine feed it as fast as we can. Most days the chipper is only running less than an hour. The fuel consumption shouldn't be a big issues. I'd rather have a diesel but not having a class A makes this chipper very appealing.
I rented the 19xpc last year for a month on a big job. Toro dingo and it filled my truck in about 25min. Really loved the machine. Ate some fuel but not bad and the cheap repair cost really makes it an attractive machine. I would have bought it but got a grapple truck.

Back