New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A brand new truck, basically, and it’s been paid off since the end of last year. Nothing for miles or pto hours on it to speak of.

Nice that I’ve been making some money with it/using it as part of the main team lately.

Very cool with the mini giant as well!

But then we go in for the back yard hell trees and the lift becomes the show.

what we specialize in, feel free to give me a call next time you cant handle a backyard job, we do charge travel time so it wont be cheap, 1700 mile round trip, looking at about 6000 + the job itself
12000 per day for the job, special price just for you

Umm, I’m sorry, what would you and Pa Manson be going in for with the Moonshine bucket, exactly? Lol

new toy: 2004 ram 2500 24 valve cummins 6 speed 4wd quad cab, interior is mint, exterior is also mint, 2nd gear hill starts all day with the dump trailer and it doesnt have an issue
1656637478535.png

new toy: 2004 ram 2500 24 valve cummins 6 speed 4wd quad cab, interior is mint, exterior is also mint, 2nd gear hill starts all day with the dump trailer and it doesnt have an issue
View attachment 999924

Nice ute, must be robbing the good folk of Tennsee blind.....

One thing always careful with tree work related equipment is not to much bling, sure new gear is good, strong, practical & fit for purpose is great, but overt extravagance, particularly in the private market, can cause people to question why they are paying such a rate. Of course ratty, beat up & worn out gear also doesn't install confidence the other way.

I'll admit you have seem to have balls kid, even if they haven't dropped, but all this talk of the 'hell gnarly trees that no-one else will touch....', don't oversell yourself. One day your going to get pointed at a real gnarly thing that is going to spank the confidence right out of you. In an adult life in the vertical world, not just trees, I've seen many confident people get beaten up & some never recover their nerve.

Develop a quiet confidence, undersell, over deliver.

One crew pruning diplodia from a catalpa today. Was surprised to see it in catalpa. Other crew pruning some soft maple across town.
20220701_112631.jpg

Also did a nice little clearing job for a construction company called MR DIRT the other day. Love that name!
Resized_20220629_161950.jpeg

Attachments

• 20220701_112626.jpg
    20220701_112626.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
00F4B183-D112-4679-8965-DDFE244B3478.jpegFleet pic from the other day. Did that double trunk spruce on the left and a maple behind it with the crane. Climbed and bombed another spruce that big off in the distance. Climbed a Norway maple in the backyard as well.

Chugging along through the season, gotta bump my prices up some. Just feel like I’ve been doing stuff too cheap, getting almost every job I look at. The tree industry is definitely a marathon and it feels good to make it this far, but to continue the progression, I need to bump my prices up.

View attachment 1000061Fleet pic from the other day. Did that double trunk spruce on the left and a maple behind it with the crane. Climbed and bombed another spruce that big off in the distance. Climbed a Norway maple in the backyard as well.

Chugging along through the season, gotta bump my prices up some. Just feel like I’ve been doing stuff too cheap, getting almost every job I look at. The tree industry is definitely a marathon and it feels good to make it this far, but to continue the progression, I need to bump my prices up.
Nice equipment!

What does the trailer grinder weigh? A pack of stump grinders. Would have been quite the ruckus in that courtyard. Was that job undertaken during school holidays or weekends? Just asking because have to schedule my school jobs around 'out of school' times, for obvious reasons. Why was that courtyard getting cleared?

Actually basket rig the new Vermeer, tried attaching to wheels, aside from the hassle of four slings, there is also a hydraulic wheel motor and hoses under each wheel, so lots of parts not wanting to damage. So have managed to find a narrow slot at each end where can fit slings through for each lift (Is lifted on & off truck each time, so had to dial in the technique).

Can be tricky getting the balance right lifting the grinders, slightly different head position changes the whole weight distribution, my old Rayco loved to tried & roll on it's side, the bastard thing. Don't know how I relented to buy another grinder after that devil.
It was 3800 lbs. It did most of the work in that courtyard. The production difference between a smaller self propelled unit and a big diesel is incredible.

We've had the contract for a couple months waiting for school to get out. We did overload the 115 ton crane a bit and the operator was not a happy camper. We all learned new words over the comms. Took smaller picks after that. All picks were at least 100' out. Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience lifting grinders with cranes!

Back