New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get ya! Especially the fancy pants grapple saw cranes.... And the bucket babies who never learned to climb!

Having said that, there are some guys who may not know a lot about trees but they are just good businessmen and they figure out a system that works for them. I mean, with a grapplesaw crane you can easily make 30k in a week with 2 guys. Those machines are amazing... you just have to keep the work flowing in!

This bad boy just drove in from Michigan! I need to shell out some cash for cosmetic work but I think it's going to work well for us. I've already got trees lined up where I know we'll need the elevator.
View attachment 1006686

So you’re saying a grapplesaw truck and two guys can make 6k a day consistently? I gotta kind of doubt that one. Where did you get this 30k a week figure? Not being a smartass, just genuinely inquiring.

Okay, so I’m done posting here till this kid is gone. No big deal, and not that it matters much in the grand scheme (just that I can’t talk to friends). but enough is enough. I give up. Too annoying to be bothered anymore. His floor…
Remember, Butch had a private thread for 'Elders'?
Just a thought.
Jeff

So you’re saying a grapplesaw truck and two guys can make 6k a day consistently? I gotta kind of doubt that one. Where did you get this 30k a week figure? Not being a smartass, just genuinely inquiring.
I've heard a lot of guys perhaps blowing smoke. One op with 2 grapple saw cranes allegedly makes 60-90k per week. They probably have 12 guys or so.

I just figure your average crane job is 5 or 6 grand. A grapple saw is much faster and requires fewer workers, especially when you have a debris truck along side.

They are pretty amazing machines but I'd hate to be in that much debt.

it seems yall cant handle having a 16 year old as a competitor, so you call me a hack
maybe, the ones calling the new guy names just because he hasnt done this for 97 years are the hacks
food for thought, ever since I joined ive been called all sorts of crap, just for being the new guy, doesnt mean calling someone a hack is acceptable
except that one time gave the middle finger to the "top notch tree service" around the corner from one of my jobs while they were topping some maples

not that I dont want to get along, im just not going to kiss ANYONE'S ass

Start by being less of a knob.

Yes, it's great & to be commended you've started an enterprise that is helping your family.

Yes, you've put some equipment together & developed some skills. It's great you & Pa can work together and he's been able to help you out with a leg up finance wise, to pull of what you say, he would have be a solid worker with many skills of his own.

But in your mid teens, you simply can't expect to know it all or have entirely worked the world out.... from now it's more a case of "the more you know, the less you know". A year of commercial work put ones pretty early on in their skills & experience.

You don't have to kiss ass, but some humility & respect for others would go a long way to being received better.

A bit of humour & light needling is fine, even appreciated but telling everybody to come & work for you & that you would 'fire their arse'.... I'm kind of surprised someone in your local area hasn't properly sat you on your arse.

If your coke bottles work upside down, I'll send you with my big Estonian right hand man to go & show some solid eucs whose boss. Bring your nappies. You can even use the Orange Peril to get you up over the basal flare, if it doesn't get bogged leaving the road....

id hate to have 200K+ in debt on a single truck, that cant even haul chips
Rear mount means better reach, better drop zone. Dedicated chip truck means better staging area better work flow. Not hauling chips with the lift truck means less wear and tear on the frame which extend its life. MDS hauling chips capacity is 4x yours so less miles on the equipment (8x if chipping both trucks). No lift on the chip truck means you can have a taller chip box. Newer equipment means less down time for repairs

Rear mount means better reach, better drop zone. Dedicated chip truck means better staging area better work flow. Not hauling chips with the lift truck means less wear and tear on the frame which extend its life. MDS hauling chips capacity is 4x yours so less miles on the equipment (8x if chipping both trucks). No lift on the chip truck means you can have a taller chip box. Newer equipment means less down time for repairs
he has double the operating cost for one crew, just off the bucket and chip truck arrangement
2 drivers, 2 fuel tanks, 2 oil changes, double the odds of a breakdown, double everything
also new doesnt mean less down time at all, hell all of my stuff except my trailer was bought used, almost the exact same issues you will have with anything new, IF you know what to look for buying used then you wont have the issues, and its cheaper than new

You guys really need to relax a bit. This isn't an I'm right and you're wrong scenario.

Some tree operations are much more efficient with one truck serving as both aerial device and chipper box. Less equipment, more function.

Some tree operations do much better to have a separate truck for aerial purposes alone. Higher production is possible, and there are big efficiency gains if you can keep both trucks busy.

Different strokes for different folks. Nothing here to quibble or deride the other guy over. Now if I had a bigger operation and could get more employees worth hiring, I'd have both versions of bucket truck. There is a lot to be said for each style, and I can see one crew handling the "one truck" jobs, and the bigger crew gets two or more trucks.

If you guys weren't so set on bickering, you'd probably be agreeing with each other a whole lot more often.

Don't punch back so much or so offensively that you get blocked from this thread. If you feel a post is offensive, then put it on report instead.

Try being nice, it works better than you think. The same applies for all the other guys that keep trying to ruin this thread with all the bickering. I'm getting complaints guys.
"Be nice" is the guiding philosophy from AS management. Please conform to that idea.

If someone criticizes your work, then look for valid points they might have. You are welcome to disagree, just keep it nice. THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE.

Any personal attacks or suggestions that a member should go elsewhere do not belong in this forum. Put it on report if you think someone doesn't conform to our policies.

↓↓ Right down below my "signature" is the button to push. ↓↓

Don't punch back so much or so offensively that you get blocked from this thread. If you feel a post is offensive, then put it on report instead.

Try being nice, it works better than you think. The same applies for all the other guys that keep trying to ruin this thread with all the bickering. I'm getting complaints guys.
"Be nice" is the guiding philosophy from AS management. Please conform to that idea.

If someone criticizes your work, then look for valid points they might have. You are welcome to disagree, just keep it nice. THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE.

Any personal attacks or suggestions that a member should go elsewhere do not belong in this forum. Put it on report if you think someone doesn't conform to our policies.

↓↓ Right down below my "signature" is the button to push. ↓↓
Go back and read all the posts and tell me who's really the offensive poster in here.

Seems there was another guy in here that got run off by someone that still posts.

Back