New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go back and read all the posts and tell me who's really the offensive poster in here.

Seems there was another guy in here that got run off by someone that still posts.

I've been reading most of this stuff. I think I know what is going on, but it's not my job to make everybody fit into the same mold, nor to even make 'em like each other.

When somebody gets out of line, then it's easier to manage. You gotta be a fairly big jerk before I get excited about stopping a conversation. On the other hand, it sure would be helpful if folks just tried to get along even a little bit, don't you think?

BTW: My previous posts were for everybody in the thread, not just one person. As much as it might seem otherwise, that's for everybody that thinks it is ok to be rude and inconsiderate.
I've said it before: Be nice! Or else...

Yep. Time to move on.

I’ll check back in from time to time, but right now, this petty ******** isn’t worth it. Snitcher button…. Omg. I’ll just move along. No time for bickering with 13 year olds.
I’m with ya man. Reading the thread and comprehension of it are two different things. Really disappointed with the response from the mods.

This thread is legit when he’s not popping off, it has a smooth flow and we just post up pics of real life tree work as our journeys unfold.

Analysis of ourselves and others, different approaches to business, variety of equipment fleets, geological and economical difference; that’s what I like to see and encourages me to contribute/interact. That goes out the window when he posts, kinda how it would be at times with Vet.

Really disappointed with the response from the mods.

Yeah, well the mods are really disappointed that the experienced users of this forum keep generating complaints about the abuse going on in this thread. There is no such thing as a private thread, nor a private forum. It is never appropriate to "chase" a member away from a forum.

Might take a little time to come together, but this is where I’ll be posting from now on. I just (respectfully of course) think it’s time for a change. So let’s do it.

This should be a place where we can all discuss tree work/equipment, and post pics (stills welcome, as well as videos lol) like men, without the bs we’ve had going on in the past. Let us all get a fresh start!! After all, we’re supposed to be grown men here. Let’s try and act like it!

This thread started with a good concept. Too bad you guys couldn't keep to the plan.

Yeah, well the mods are really disappointed that the experienced users of this forum keep generating complaints about the abuse going on in this thread. There is no such thing as a private thread, nor a private forum. It is never appropriate to "chase" a member away from a forum.
I'm disappointed aswell. We had a great thing going! Too bad.

not a good plan.
can imagine how easy it would be to have the 4x4's "roll" off of eachother when stacked like they are, or seperate if an outrigger gets light, and not be where they should when weight is put back on them
unless there is a better reason, then I agree, they should be crossed

Myself, I wouldn't offer any criticisms about how to stack the cribbing, I don't do it enough to have a valid opinion.

On thing is certain: there is about 8" of wood piled up under that outrigger, and it's not going to leap out from under that wide outrigger pad. The only way those 4" twigs go anywhere under many tons of force is if there is a huge side-load great enough to force the crane to slide sideways. That won't happen until it's already tipping over.

Myself, I wouldn't offer any criticisms about how to stack the cribbing, I don't do it enough to have a valid opinion.

On thing is certain: there is about 8" of wood piled up under that outrigger, and it's not going to leap out from under that wide outrigger pad. The only way those 4" twigs go anywhere under many tons of force is if there is a huge side-load great enough to force the crane to slide sideways. That won't happen until it's already tipping over.
if an outrigger loses weight then they can shift
if the load is not absolutely static it will bounce the crane, and it wouldnt take much (with that boom angle) to pick up an outrigger

shouldnt happen, but it is a risk
so is not running outrigger pads on my bucket truck, a "calculated risk" if you will, osha says something about it, im willing to run without them, ive set that truck up on mud and they just float over the top

although im no expert on the matter
if it worked, it worked, if it didnt, then it didnt

Back