New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive heard your trees are like concrete?
ive ran a 25 on my 261 (with a mostly melted piston thanks to the last owner) in hickory and it ran decent, 20" is where its at tho
cant imagine an 80cc saw would struggle much with a 36, but we will see, it wont see that bar daily, maybe once/twice a month, will live with a light 28 I

Many are, but many are soft as well. And occasionally we deal with dirty conifers. Sing me a bit of clean, dense euc any day over some stringy, sappy radiata pine.

Shorter bar, bigger saw. Chain speed, reduced load on engine & body has many advantages. Run a 16” on the 261, 20”on the 462.

Found the 25” best allround length for cutting efficiency, felling & climbing work in the mid-size saws. Big bars are often for posers in technical tree work, even the 88 doesn’t like over 30”.

Big bars are for posers in technical tree work
biggest bar we have is a 30" on the 395xp, with full skip chain
good fit for a 95cc saw, but when you need a big bar, they you just need one (we run into 3-5ft stems all the time, stump cuts are a pain because root flare)
get a 24" maple, the stump cut may be 4ft, and you have to circle it with a 25" bar, which isnt fun (id rather rake than do a stump cut)

give me a stringy sappy pine any day, they cut so nice, hinge well, just quite heavy but its no hickory, I love/hate that stuff

I thought all home schoolers were living the Little House dream? Lol.

“Pa, the wheels feel off the wagon carriage and the hay barn is on fire… how ever are we to get water in without allowing the outsiders on the compound”!! Lmao

Yawn. Omg.

Well, I did pick up my 572 and my ground guy 362 from the saw shop this am. I also looked at and got a decent (low key) days work from a customer, which always adds value to a day.

Also billed out the work from last week that needed billing.

Oh, and got a haircut at the salon lol.

Pretty much a decent Saturday overall.

Keep on rockin’ in the free world!

went and did a little non tree work with the bucket, some old people down the road had the rope fall out of their flag pole so I went over and installed a new one for them

whats this? a double over center bucket? new term to me (figured they all did that, guess not)
1656192692526.png

Haha. That cob job lookin’ retired Aspy rig must be an “over center” model.

What you want(ed) is a double over center model. Means that both booms break over center.

Live and learn, Laura! Lol.

Yawn. Omg.

Keep on rockin’ in the free world!

At the risk of starting a flame war, not sure all the women of the US agree....

Shortest days of the year in the southern, so start in the dark & finish in the dark. When not precipitating, nice temps for working in. Dust has turned to mud, impossible to keep gear clean. Some very compromised driveway trees to start the week. Good to have different machines earning their keep each day.

bf-1-jpg.998655

bf-2-jpg.998656

bf-3-jpg.998657

bf-4-jpg.998660

bf-5-jpg.998661

Attachments

• BF 1.JPG
    10 MB · Views: 65
  • BF 2.JPG
    11.6 MB · Views: 67
  • BF 3.JPG
    11.6 MB · Views: 67
  • BF 4.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 60
  • BF 5.JPG
    8.5 MB · Views: 61
Had a young climber from the east, who travelling around the country, join us for a couple of weeks. Great young fella, super fast climber, one of the quickest in the country, nicknamed him 'Super Speed'. We're no slouches on ropes, but this guy could arrive & be sending wood before the first outrigger was down on any sort of lift. Gun on the ground as well, we certainly got some work done. Would have been good to keep him on the team, but understand the freedom of being on the open road, having spent years doing the same sort of thing at his age.

ss-1-jpg.998667

ss-2-jpg.998669

ss-3-jpg.998670

ss-4-jpg.998671

Attachments

• SS 1.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 62
  • SS 2.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 61
  • SS 3.JPG
    10 MB · Views: 63
  • SS 4.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 61
my upper boom cant go that far, but I sure can reach 50ft off the side (have done, sketchy AF)
my lower will go roughly 130 degrees, upper boom roughly 210, going over center is nice to snake the boom in underneath limbs, spider would be allot nicer but need a second truck to haul, vs the bucket goes to every job and hauls chips

Finally got the mat rack finished. I will look forward to using it on a job. Fits 12 mats and the giant can pick it up with the grapple. Spent way to much "$1200" on fab and paint but what the hell you only live once.

We are kicking ass this summer. Just trying to be as efficient as possible. When you only have 2 guys on the job site, every move you make must count.

Attachments

• 20220625_194357.jpg
    20220625_194357.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220625_200924.jpg
    20220625_200924.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Back