New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the side reach on that bad boy?

1BF84541-1975-440D-8709-98379F005051.png

Not as great as one would think according to Terex. Obviously the elevator doesn’t help with the actual side reach, but it does give it a much more usable working range.

The Omme is still the best for reach. Basically you’ve got 50/52’ of side reach that you can actually use with the telescope, and the “scissors” part is pretty much a 35’ elevator as compared to 10’ on the Terex.

The bucket still kicks ass over the lift where you can use it, but this is my take on things using both.

Dropped my chipper off at a (kind of) far job for us. About 35 mins each way.

So we can now show up with the bucket towing a lift and the ram towing the dump trailer and mini Giant, plus about 24 sheets of plyboard in the back.

Bucket work in the front, lift work in the back. Should be pretty sweet.

Dropped my chipper off at a (kind of) far job for us. About 35 mins each way.

So we can now show up with the bucket towing a lift and the ram towing the dump trailer and mini Giant, plus about 24 sheets of plyboard in the back.

Bucket work in the front, lift work in the back. Should be pretty sweet.
so, 2 drivers, and 8 trips, at 35 minutes each
4 trips would be you going to drop off and pick up chipper
almost 4.5 man hours, add fuel
at my rates that is almost $700 in travel to do one job
F that

View attachment 998742

Not as great as one would think according to Terex. Obviously the elevator doesn’t help with the actual side reach, but it does give it a much more usable working range.

The Omme is still the best for reach. Basically you’ve got 50/52’ of side reach that you can actually use with the telescope, and the “scissors” part is pretty much a 35’ elevator as compared to 10’ on the Terex.

The bucket still kicks ass over the lift where you can use it, but this is my take on things using both.
That's a serious piece of equipment. Does it beep when you get to maximum side reach like the easy lift. Can get quite annoying.

That's a serious piece of equipment. Does it beep when you get to maximum side reach like the easy lift. Can get quite annoying.

If you’re asking about the Omme, no beep, just a red light that freezes your side reach… telescope and I think jib. You can still rotate and do the scissors up and down and telescope in, obviously, (at least from memory, I just use it, so hard to explain, like trying to tell someone how to run a backhoe).

It’s pretty easy to **** with once you figure it out. It’s like a little game.

Back