New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guys took downView attachment 1009647
View attachment 1009648
that big walnut today. Pretty tricky access. Turned out to be a couple nice logs. They dropped off at the mill and we will find out Monday if they will fetch some coin. It will be the first piece of wood I ever sold in 15+ years of doing this.

I'm actually out in California now enjoying some tacos at my in laws. Here's to hoping nothing explodes while I'm gone.
How long are you here for? Good ceu's this Friday and Saturday, I will be there Friday but going deep sea fishing out of Dana Point Saturday, blue fin tuna are hitting! Just in case, here, https://ptcaosd.wildapricot.org/
Jeff
It was a beautiful day!

How long are you here for? Good ceu's this Friday and Saturday, I will be there Friday but going deep sea fishing out of Dana Point Saturday, blue fin tuna are hitting! Just in case, here, https://ptcaosd.wildapricot.org/
Jeff
It was a beautiful day!

I find it easier to just do the ceu’s for my license online and last minute every five years. Avoids having to see the arborist circle jerk crew we got going on around here too lol.

My old ground man of two years is released and starting back Tuesday. Says he’s ready to take it to the next look level, learn how to do all of it. Hardcore individual that’s been through some tough times and has a fresh start. A total beast too. So now the pieces are all coming together hopefully. I am feeling very optimistic. Might finally be time to get all the machines up and running. :yes:

I might even start working cheaper, doing crane jobs for sport, volunteering, putting up banners, etc!!!! Lmao

Helmstein it turns out it was two bad diodes that was causing the easy 87 to stop randomly multiple times a day
Interesting. Those lifts can be a bit technical. Thanks for letting me know.

Today I had to strip the oem greese off the boom and spray it with white lithium. The boom greese that the machine comes with is not great for tree work because it attracts sawdust. That took about 4 hrs. While I was at it I greesed all the pivot points. I gave her an oil change aswell. It's only got 60hrs on the clock but I like to change it early with the new engine break in period and all.

So far so good.

My old ground man of two years is released and starting back Tuesday. Says he’s ready to take it to the next look level, learn how to do all of it. Hardcore individual that’s been through some tough times and has a fresh start. A total beast too. So now the pieces are all coming together hopefully. I am feeling very optimistic. Might finally be time to get all the machines up and running. :yes:

I might even start working cheaper, doing crane jobs for sport, volunteering, putting up banners, etc!!!! Lmao
Sounds like he's the missing peice to the puzzle.

Jeff
It was a beautiful day!
That sounds like a sweet event but we will be back by then. I am a little behind on ceus!

My current situation.

20220814_134150.jpg

So I got word back on the sale value on that walnut- 2400 bucks! Was not expecting that, especially after the buyer talked about all the defects of the wood based on the pictures I sent.

We got 3 logs out of it and he gave us 2.50 per board ft. Quite a nice bonus at the end of the job.

I've literally taken stuff like that to the dump before. I will definitely make better efforts to salvage good wood when possible.

So I got word back on the sale value on that walnut- 2400 bucks! Was not expecting that, especially after the buyer talked about all the defects of the wood based on the pictures I sent.

We got 3 logs out of it and he gave us 2.50 per board ft. Quite a nice bonus at the end of the job.

I've literally taken stuff like that to the dump before. I will definitely make better efforts to salvage good wood when possible.
Atta boy. Did you feel like you underbid the job at 2500 to begin with. That was a big tree!

That's a money log!

I have a great log buyer that we work with. Mostly just covers trucking when we do these multiple pine removal jobs.

50ft hackberry from today, got homeboy a helmet even!
whats wrong with picture 4? (test for all you guys that are the best there ever was)
was getting the chipper out of the driveway and the neighbor wanted the chips, she is having us chip a brush pile and knock over a sycamore tomorrow, next wednesday we start a large pine removal job, going up some noodles (90-110ft trees, smallest ones are 6-8" diameter, too tall to drop, largest ones co-dom at 30ft, may be sending some double tops, may not but we will see, lots of speedline I imagine
1660697564374.png1660697599949.png1660697576197.png1660697616703.png

Back