New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, MTE has been working on it. They have a windshield we’ve gotta schedule putting in my V6004t tele too. Just found it cracked a while back. Insurance claim, but I still have to pay the $1000 deductible. No biggie. They do seem like a solid company. I haven’t been there yet. Road tech stayed there most of yesterday trying to figure it out. I was happy with his effort anyway.

At least we can still use it till they get the part in house and schedule it with me. Just no telescope function.

Got my top feed roller valve in the 19xpc tonight. Seems to be working sweet again. I even painted it up lol.
View attachment 1021788
separate valve for top and bottom feed roller? first time noticing that, just to get more flow to the drive motors?
forward reverse valve is one of the parts I have to order for mine, it functions but the detent is almost gone and it has a constant leak, called bandit to ask about a rebuild kit, turns out you can only rebuild the detent, but the valve is only $250 to replace on mine so thats what im going to do
along with get autofeed working again

Time for an 19xpc. It practically is another guy on the job site. But be careful, it will suck your mini in if it gets cought on something or your grapple doesn't let go while feeding. Almost flipped the baby giant when the grab function was sticking. My brother saved it when he saw the giant nearly on its side and hit the feed reverse. Talk about pucker factor!

Time for an 19xpc. It practically is another guy on the job site. But be careful, it will suck your mini in if it gets cought on something or your grapple doesn't let go while feeding. Almost flipped the baby giant when the grab function was sticking. My brother saved it when he saw the giant nearly on its side and hit the feed reverse. Talk about pucker factor!
That sounds amazing.

I'm more the type that will buy an older junky 18" chipper for 20-30k and have it fixed up. Is the 1890xp the older version of the 90xpc?

But if I found one for the right price I would go for it!

That sounds amazing.

I'm more the type that will buy an older junky 18" chipper for 20-30k and have it fixed up. Is the 1890xp the older version of the 90xpc?

But if I found one for the right price I would go for it!

If you could find a 200hp 1890, then you’d be in business… of course it might rip the ass end off that ford while chipping LOL.

Beautiful day to work finally! We started this job Tuesday in the wind and rainy weather, then skipped yesterday and got back after it today. Worked till 6:30 tonight.

Took a chipper vid with other Mike. blades are actually shot (hit them up with the knife saver this am, need to flip), and that valve only fixed part of my problem, wheels still freeze up at times. All and all a good day and got paid. Two loads of chips out between finishing those four spuce plus another one.. Chipped everything.
4F04C97B-4D89-4982-BAC0-B5FC77BCAD80.jpeg
View attachment FullSizeRender.MOV

Beautiful day to work finally! We started this job Tuesday in the wind and rainy weather, then skipped yesterday and got back after it today. Worked till 6:30 tonight.

Took a chipper vid with other Mike. blades are actually shot (hit them up with the knife saver this am, need to flip), and that valve only fixed part of my problem, wheels still freeze up at times. All and all a good day and got paid. Two loads of chips out between finishing those four spuce plus another one.. Chipped everything.
View attachment 1022284
View attachment 1022285
Take a peice of duct tape/gorilla tape and stick it over that backup beeper. You can still hear it sitting on the machine but the whole neighborhood won't hear the obnoxiously loud beeping sound.

No chip barf in-between the truck and chipper with the diesel. What a beast!

Take a peice of duct tape/gorilla tape and stick it over that backup beeper. You can still hear it sitting on the machine but the whole neighborhood won't hear the obnoxiously loud beeping sound.

No chip barf in-between the truck and chipper with the diesel. What a beast!
What about the chipper ?

And the plyboard!! Lol

Here’s the most inefficient thing I’ve done in a while. Dame log truck had a bad hyd cylinder, so gonna be a couple weeks, plus some serious coin. Of well. After a little bit of this and getting porked at the dump, I’m ready to pay whatever to get the big guy back!! Lol. At least we can always keep going in a pinch!

Attachments

• 33D215A3-4478-46A0-9439-51967D864E9D.jpeg
    33D215A3-4478-46A0-9439-51967D864E9D.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Here’s the most inefficient thing I’ve done in a while. Dame log truck had a bad hyd cylinder, so gonna be a couple weeks, plus some serious coin. Of well. After a little bit of this and getting porked at the dump, I’m ready to pay whatever to get the big guy back!! Lol. At least we can always keep going in a pinch!
the fancy stuff just has more to go wrong
had to fall back on the dump trailer
loaded mine with the crane last week, makes the job go quick when I can load logs straight from the tree that the mini cant lift

I w
What about the chipper ?
I was pulling off a job working alone. The previous day we had the dump trailor full of logs and the chip truck full of chips.

When I work alone. I use the lift and when done grab the chipper. We always work within 10-15 min away from the yard. I've learned it's all about route density in this game.

Back