New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19 xpc has developed a small hydro wheep through this area. Does anyone know what that might be. O ring or the valve needs to be rebuilt?

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 20230323_111625.jpg
    20230323_111625.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Some slick pics. Sometimes the wood just isn't worth hauling. I'm impressed though with the market you seem to get for wood products.

Finished day 4 of cdl training today. It looks like we will test on Wed of next week. I keep failing the practice in cab air tests but I think I'm almost ready.

View attachment 1068955
I can understand using your own trucks for the sake of your drivers and training, however dont CDL schools usually have their own trucks?
a semi with a 53' trailer is much easier to reverse into a spot than a truck with a trailer that has such a short hitch to tire ratio
id figure it easier to pass a test in the schools semi, just my 2 cents
I have a front hitch on my truck to push my chipper into tight spots, well worth it if you have a solid steel front bumper to mount to, especially nice if your setup is like mine where the chipper is a foot or so narrower than the truck, by the time you can see the chipper tire its too late to catch it, if you see the side of the engine cover its already got expensive

I can understand using your own trucks for the sake of your drivers and training, however dont CDL schools usually have their own trucks?
a semi with a 53' trailer is much easier to reverse into a spot than a truck with a trailer that has such a short hitch to tire ratio
I have a front hitch on my truck to push my chipper into tight spots, well worth it if you have a solid steel front bumper to mount to, especially nice if your setup is like mine where the chipper is a foot or so narrower than the truck, by the time you can see the chipper tire its too late to catch it, if you see the side of the engine cover its already got expensive
He's the kind of trainer that comes to you and can do it more quickly on your pace. It's also less expensive to use your own truck. the 16' dump trailer is pretty easy to back up.

The other option was to go to a formal school, spend several weeks, and several more thousand dollars per man.

sounds like a cool idea with your bumper hitch.

He's the kind of trainer that comes to you and can do it more quickly on your pace. It's also less expensive to use your own truck. the 16' dump trailer is pretty easy to back up.

The other option was to go to a formal school, spend several weeks, and several more thousand dollars per man.

sounds like a cool idea with your bumper hitch.
oh ok, I didnt know they did setups like that, I was always told you had to take your truck and trailer to the school to get that done
if I remember next time I am out at the truck, I will get pics of the hitch

Lol. Hitch to tire ratio. :laugh:

19 xpc has developed a small hydro wheep through this area. Does anyone know what that might be. O ring or the valve needs to be rebuilt?

Thanks guys!

Would have thought just a seal.

The Bandit’s are renowned for weeping, mine started at about 200 hours with the winch / feed roller valve & now the bump stop valve. From what the Bandit mechanic told me, it’s common & an easy fix, aside from my model / year machine (1390xp / 2015) which is harder to get at the valve.

Would have thought just a seal.

The Bandit’s are renowned for weeping, mine started at about 200 hours with the winch / feed roller valve & now the bump stop valve. From what the Bandit mechanic told me, it’s common & an easy fix, aside from my model / year machine (1390xp / 2015) which is harder to get at the valve.
I'm hoping it's just a seal. I appreciate the feedback. I have a 2013 1390Hd as well and the valve is buried under the winch mount.

Hey guys im new to arboristsite. Been an arborist going on 8 years. ISA certified about 2. I have a class B CDL and saw this post. By putting a trailer like that on a commercial vehicle does that allow you to test for an A class?

I failed the airbrake portion the first time too. I never shut the truck off to pump the brake pedal ha

Finished pines & their hingy hinges yesterday, ahead of schedule & straight into a tight bushland job around some chalets. Ziplining some bluegums over a septic system, they had already buggered it once, won’t get a second chance.

Not much turning room for the trucks, Vermeer comes in handy for positioning chipper on firm ground. Impressive 2 tonne pulling & pushing 4 tonne. Middle finger on the five finger grapple fits nicely into pintle ring. Also have a front removable receiver on the tool truck, use that mainly for pulling trees as that trucks turning circle is fifty times broader than the bigger six wheeler.

7DF79094-92DB-41AC-98A0-82939DB050EB.jpeg

F806DA80-4208-4C6A-A4B8-1ABB2E7F7526.jpeg

D331AB71-BD7D-4854-9C07-2275B413132C.jpeg

4E141E52-9C8D-45CF-A351-7A1BD7BF8A0F.jpeg

6A268A6F-FB89-4FB9-BD9E-5F427436958D.jpeg

2D87AF5D-0CAA-4D63-8C46-444F9DB6E29A.jpeg

7F1799C7-ED49-4E0A-B131-CA9F2CC5F34B.jpeg

82532B8B-9F51-4696-B090-5E3B3CB4DAEA.jpeg

Hey guys im new to arboristsite. Been an arborist going on 8 years. ISA certified about 2. I have a class B CDL and saw this post. By putting a trailer like that on a commercial vehicle does that allow you to test for an A class?

I failed the airbrake portion the first time too. I never shut the truck off to pump the brake pedal ha
if the GVWR on the trailer is over 10000# its a class A vehicle (atleast where I live), so yes a double axle dump trailer will be class A behind a chip truck

I do wonder, why would someone get a class B and train with a trailer?

Not necessarily. Most of those dump trailers are deliberately built for 10k & under so as to avoid the Class A conundrum.

But you are correct:

"Any combination of vehicles with a Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) of 26,001 or more pounds provided the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds. (Holders of a Class A license may also, with any appropriate endorsements, operate all vehicles within Class B and C.)"​

A dot person explained to me that somehow my f350s with 14k dump trailer are NOT class A but my f450 with the same trailer is class A. Must be because the gross weight on the truck plus the 14k is slightly less than 26k.

But yeah we are testing for class A with an air brake f750 and the 14k electric brake dump trailer on Thursday.

Let's hope we don't forget to shut off the truck for that static air test! So many little details can get you.

Welcome to Arboristsite, gthompson.

I climbed and guyed this pine this morning. Will take it out on Monday. Hangs over some fiber and high tension lines. The elderly customers are understandably quite nervous about it.
20230328_085453.jpg20230328_101004.jpg20230328_101010.jpg

Then I got another call for a failed poplar hanging onto a red oak. The GRCS will be getting a good work out over the next week.

Latest posts

Back