new to me 036 adventure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all this chainsaw overhauling got me guilty enough to give my old Husqvarna a much-deserved cleaning. the thing just runs, so you know how that goes, the squeaky wheel thing. no squeak, no attention.

this saw seems to oil fine, and it has a really nice air filter design. it's a model 340. View attachment 999432View attachment 999433View attachment 999434View attachment 999435 from what I understand that means 3rd gen, 40cc? made in Sweden and has a Mahle top end

currently sporting a Carlton bar and chain since a few years back.
View attachment 999430
They're a great family of saws, if you ever need to replace the top end a 346xp cylinder & piston will bolt on along with the cylinder adapter for a 350.
Some cheap insurance against needing a new cylinder/piston would be to upgrade your plastic intake clamp with the updated metal one or perform the recommended modification to fit a metal clamp over the existing one
664899-730ec8640c6cf809d8a9bb28bac2eaae.jpeg

They're a great family of saws, if you ever need to replace the top end a 346xp cylinder & piston will bolt on along with the cylinder adapter for a 350.
Some cheap insurance against needing a new cylinder/piston would be to upgrade your plastic intake clamp with the updated metal one or perform the recommended modification to fit a metal clamp over the existing one
View attachment 1005066
thank you for the heads up. I will check it out.

spent all day today hauling off most of this wood with my truck and trailer as I'm right in the middle of the track for the latest hurricane. not looking too good. if it is cat 3 or more than all this wood just becomes missiles.

hurricane Ian. I lucked out. the track a day before landfall was over Tampa and then north right over me. it turned east at port charlotte and fort myers and trashed those areas. it then tracked towards orlando. all I got was high wind all night and almost no rain. my family in orlando got record 24-hour rainfall. my buddy that I ride dirt bikes with can't get out of his neighborhood cause the roads are still flooded.
thanks for asking.

Back