New to me 075 AV? I think....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I won't accuse him of trying to pull something over on me, but if he is open to me taking a more thorough exam or even tweak of the carb with screwdriver, my own gas, spark plug etc. to get it running right, and once I am convinced it is reliable, then I would spend $500. If he really wanted to get a good price, he should let me or other buyers check out the Bore and just about any other check needed to put them at ease and maybe spend more. At minimum check for spark and compression test. Hmmm, I need to find my Compression tester and see if he will at least permit me to pull the plug and see.

the exhaust on mine is a PITA to remove. The two access holes were majorly misaligned (~1/8" off) and it required removal of the rear handle to get to them. for a poor running big saw at that price it better come with a couple good bars. If not that sounds like a gamble for that price... but parts are out there. I don't have the time at this point to do a milling setup but freehanding some big cuts to get logs dealt with is it's life for now. At some point though I will certainly look into that, just so much on my plate in other angles of life.
I think I saw a really good looking 076 on fleabay recently.

If you get to look under the air cleaner make sure all the bolts and screws, linkage is proper and not mickey moused etc.

I was feeling the same sentiment. Thanks Mac Guy 81.
I told him, if he had it running and sorted out to start up nicely to let me know.
Other than I did run it a few times with him, I still felt unsure about it after leaving him on Monday. Of course he dropped his price from $650 to $600 before I left. Today, he did say $500 was the lowest he could go after reiterating that I did see it run...
Sure bud. Just being honest. Maybe as previously stated above, it might be a PIA to remove the muffler. That could be why he doesn’t want to let you. If he’ll let you check spark and compression, you could always shine a flash light down the spark plug hole to take a look and see if it’s decent. If you can see the top of the cylinder and it looks good, has spark and good compression, I would feel less hesitant about buying it for $500 if it was THE saw that I wanted.

Thanks Mac Guy 81. I had already thought of putting a bore scope down the spark plug hole to look all around inside the cylinder without extensive disassembly. Spark plug examination and checking for spark will also tell me something. I also can get a rough assessment of the compression if l hang the saw by the starter to see how well it holds. I know these are minimal checks and short of air leak pressure and vac tests and some carb adjustments and such, these are all I can think of to give a proper full diagnosis of the exact condition of the saw.

Thanks Mac Guy 81. Does anyone in here including the OP, GuySmiley mind me adding my experiences on the prospective similar saw in here, or should I make my own thread. Asking, so I do it right and easy for others to follow.\

I dont mind at all and if you create another thread I will surely follow. I am new here so I dont know the proper etiquette . I would guess it would be to start another thread for easier reference in the future based off of title search? I would defer to others judgement though.

Back