New wood splitter, D.O.A.: Typical reseller/manufacture response?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The small claims court comment ended it for me. It's exactly one of the items that is wrong in the world. Zero problem solving skill and zero communication skill. I'll just sue them. Cause it is easier to piss down your leg and someone else leg than communicating and fixing the issue. You must be new at this off the grid stuff cause your gonna have to be a better problem solver than small claim guy to be successful. I bet every one of these guy's that have replied either had to fab a part or a repair to make something work at one time or another because of a manufacturing issue. You deal with it and move on. Not every cookie in the box is the same size.
I have done so much with so little for so long that I now feel qualified to do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

Disappearing posts?

That doesn't help the OPs 'case' any, I don't think.

If you have a change of heart or mind, just say that in another post and leave what was said there. Everyone gets it & moves on.

If you still feel the same way, well, leave what was said there since you still feel that way.

Yanking posts seems kind of a 'feelings hurt - taking my ball & going home' insecure thing to do....

EDIT: Or, I suppose, they could have been taken down because what was said was found out to be plain wrong. But still - just post a new correcting post and carry on....

Disappearing posts?

That doesn't help the OPs 'case' any, I don't think.

If you have a change of heart or mind, just say that in another post and leave what was said there. Everyone gets it & moves on.

If you still feel the same way, well, leave what was said there since you still feel that way.

Yanking posts seems kind of a 'feelings hurt - taking my ball & going home' insecure thing to do....

EDIT: Or, I suppose, they could have been taken down because what was said was found out to be plain wrong. But still - just post a new correcting post and carry on....
That's one reason I will usually respond in line to someones post, I got made to look like a fool one time because a guy deleted a post and changed another, one time :yes:.

To the OP, tell you what I will do. Asheville isnt very far from me. Shoot me a PM and I will drive over and install your new cyl for you if you give me the one with the pin hole. You wont even have to get your hands DIRTY. I'll fix the leaking cyl and use it on one of my own splitter builds.

Seems like lots of abrasive, argumentative folks here, are you really arborist 'professionals'? Thanks to everyone with kind, useful replies, those who kept their eye on ball, wow a generous offer for some real life help - that's too cool, but I'm okay, and the others were at least good for a little entertainment!

While appreciated, I did not come here to find out how to tinker with something. I'm very much capable of turning a wrench, and sorry if I modestly indicated otherwise. That was not the question.

It seems if people paid a little more attention to why a new customer resorted to posting on a forum to begin with, rather than acting incredulous against the consumer, maybe retailers & manufactures would be more mindful about how they sell products and interact with customers.

Some of you seem to have gone off the deep end with assumptions, rudeness and insults. Wow. Some of you should be embarrassed, ashamed of yourselves. Are you adults, professionals? Or a bunch of bickering high schoolers? Sheesh. Didn't know folks in this industry could be so sensitive. Not at all what I'd expect from professionals. But I am sorry for upsetting anyone. Have a great day.

Most of us aren't professionals, we are just guys who think they are saving a few bucks by burning wood. I'm guessing that most of the guys in here have one suit and they only wear it to weddings and funerals. We have sawdust in our pockets and grease under our finger nails, well I would if I didn't chew them down to the bone. We're the kind of guys who buy stuff then cut it apart and make it better or stronger. If it works good then we tinker with it until it either blows up or works great. I'll bet most of us haven't been in a new car showroom for years either.
Good luck with your splitter, court case and blog.

Sometimes the customer isn't always right though.

Some of us are customers - but some (quite a few I'd say) of us also have customers. Ones who are good at both usually listen to what people say and see if they can learn something from it - sometimes there is a point in there that can be used for future self improvement. Even if at first you may have thought they were out of their tree for saying such silly things...

My offer to help is legitimate. Its a 200mile round trip, driving that far and changeing out the cyl for the leaking one I think is more than a fair offer. You dont expect me to do it for nothing do you? To be honest, your posts seem to indicate a total inability to do the work yourself. To tell the truth, you asked for advise, you just dont like the answers, now you feel the need to belittle those giving the advise. Nothing highschoolish except your unreasonable expectations of how your dealer handled the problem.

No offense but that is exactly how I anticipated you to respond. Lots of good advice got posted but you ignored most and started talking about suing someone over a couple hundred dollar cylinder. Now besides that you've decided that it's ok to be condescending and talk down at some folks because you didn't like the replies. Probably nobody with a paper PHD responded in this thread but there are quite a few with a doctorate in life that took the time to try and help. When it comes to firewooding I'll take that real life advice over book learned advice any day. Good luck hope it works out for you in the end.

Seems like lots of abrasive, argumentative folks here, are you really arborist 'professionals'? Thanks to everyone with kind, useful replies, those who kept their eye on ball, wow a generous offer for some real life help - that's too cool, but I'm okay, and the others were at least good for a little entertainment!

While appreciated, I did not come here to find out how to tinker with something. I'm very much capable of turning a wrench, and sorry if I modestly indicated otherwise. That was not the question.

It seems if people paid a little more attention to why a new customer resorted to posting on a forum to begin with, rather than acting incredulous against the consumer, maybe retailers & manufactures would be more mindful about how they sell products and interact with customers.

Some of you seem to have gone off the deep end with assumptions, rudeness and insults. Wow. Some of you should be embarrassed, ashamed of yourselves. Are you adults, professionals? Or a bunch of bickering high schoolers? Sheesh. Didn't know folks in this industry could be so sensitive. Not at all what I'd expect from professionals. But I am sorry for upsetting anyone. Have a great day.
ASU. It's the internet what did you expect? put a 100 people in a room and ask them what they want for lunch. do you think they will all say big mac and fries? I'm sure you have found out things are a bit different "out in the woods" than the big city. You ask for opinions and that is what you got. It was up to you to sort out what was good info and what was bad. I have dealt with the retail public operating a farm market for the last 25 years and selling firewood just as long or longer. As a producer no matter how hard i tried once in a while a consumer wasn't satisfied but i made it right. I think the mfg. took care of your splitter problem quite well by sending you a new cylinder. Lots of threads here about DHT. Not sure if you have looked at any of them. the latest i have been reading besides yours.
https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...itter-tank-problem.326326/page-2#post-6723070

I'm guessing that most of the guys in here have one suit and they only wear it to weddings and funerals.

I'll have you know I have two - one for each. Thank you very much.

:)

(Does that mean I'm a professional? :numberone: )
You keep the one suite per guy average since I have none, but I have some nice shirts and pants :).
To me a professional is someone who gets paid to do a job, and expert is someone who knows how to do the job very well, hiring a professional may get you an expert, but it also may not.
I like being the professional although I don't typically make any claims of being an expert lol.

You keep the one suite per guy average since I have none, but I have some nice shirts and pants :).
To me a professional is someone who gets paid to do a job, and expert is someone who knows how to do the job very well, hiring a professional may get you an expert, but it also may not.
I like being the professional although I don't typically make any claims of being an expert lol.
H€'ll Brett all along I thought you were a professional expert or was that an expert professional? :crazy2:

H€'ll Brett all along I thought you were a professional expert or was that an expert professional? :crazy2:
I'm not sure either Steve, but with the price I pay for insurance it makes me feel like I should at least be making a little money whether I'm doing it right or not :laugh:.

Back