New yardmax 35 ton wont start.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uschairforce

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have lurked around here for awhile and finally created an account. I picked up a yardmax 35 ton splitter yesterday. It had some cosmetic issues so I got a bit of a deal on it. We could not get it started at the store so I received a hefty discount and was told I can return it if I have to. Supply around here is non existent plus for the price I had to try. He said it was put together 6 weeks ago and they tested it. He said they always have fresh gas so I would assume the gas is fine but I will drain that first thing tomorrow. Its a B&S, 306cc I believe, I would have to get the model number tomorrow. If this only ran for a minute and only sat 6 weeks, any suggestions on what to do once I drain and add fuel and check the spark plug?

Make sure it have enough oil cus themll not run if it ain't wet enough and I'd change the oil too jist to be safe and it easy as hell. I change the oil on mine every 25-30 hours

Make sure it have enough oil cus themll not run if it ain't wet enough and I'd change the oil too jist to be safe and it easy as hell. I change the oil on mine every 25-30 hours
Okay, I forgot about the oil sensor. The guy at the store checked it but I also had to point out that it was switched off and the choke was in the wrong position so definitely worth a second look. Eventually he let me mess with it but I never checked it myself to see exactly where the oil was at.

The power switch was on and the fuel switch by the choke was on as well. I can trace the fuel line if there is possibly an additional shut off somewhere else.
Had a Subaru once that dumped me in... Columbus Ohio, I think? Turns out (thanks, anonymous parts store guy) that they had two fuel filters, one not mentioned anywhere.

I ended up replacing it in a motel parking lot as a tornado was approaching faster than I liked - but it was out of sight, had to be found and fixed by feel, and I never would have found it if that parts store guy (they were actually closed and he was leaving for the night) hadn't taken pity on me and explained it.

Short version - engineers are assholes.

My wife is from Toledo and when we went to visit relatives we always had to get Rudy dogs. They started putting their chili sauce in cans so we could make them at home. Not the same though.
Haha, I haven't had them in years but they are good! I am far away from the city now though, fortunately.

Latest posts

Back