Newbie with Echo CS-590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 590 just went from 8000 RPM - pulling solid in a log - to 10,000 RM, by changing fuel. I had been using Liberty non-ethanol 87 octane (that's what the station carries). Then I found a Pure Gas station that carries 93 octane non-ethanol. The saw became the animal it's supposed to be. Another saw of mine had been difficult to find the tuning sweet-spot with the 87, but also responded nicely with the Pure 93. It's worth the addition $0.50 per gal.

My 590 just went from 8000 RPM - pulling solid in a log - to 10,000 RM, by changing fuel. I had been using Liberty non-ethanol 87 octane (that's what the station carries). Then I found a Pure Gas station that carries 93 octane non-ethanol. The saw became the animal it's supposed to be. Another saw of mine had been difficult to find the tuning sweet-spot with the 87, but also responded nicely with the Pure 93. It's worth the addition $0.50 per gal.
I've run Sunoco canned fuel (93 octane) since my saw was new.
Doing more cutting this year so I'll be going to gas station non ethanol and my mixing myself.
Hopefully my local stations will have non ethanol in 93 octane.

Back