Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lot of guys like these 46cc. Almost like a cult like following in some of the chainsaw groups. I still like the 42cc PP260 better.

I finally gave in and drilled a tank on the plastic saws so I didn’t have to run the small tygon line. Opened to use 3x5 echo now. Shes alive and idle all day.

Was opening muffler baffle and notice a puddle of bar oil after topping tanks off.

I really hate these 46cc plastic saws even more now after cleaning and finding a crack in front of plastic tank. 😂. I’ll seal all or steelstik or jb later.
Then I found a 2nd crack under recoil cover.
::)
:D

Holding and doing I recall why I don’t like. Just don’t like the feel of this series 2750 2900 2.8 295 4620.

I have another case here too to use in another parts saw. I just really feel I already wasted enough time on this saw and I dont like them. So not worth my time.

Might become this years under dirt root cutter or part it out.

p2750line.jpgp2750bo.jpgp2750pocc.jpgp2750poc.jpg

Lot of guys like these 46cc. Almost like a cult like following in some of the chainsaw groups. I still like the 42cc PP260 better.

I finally gave in and drilled a tank on the plastic saws so I didn’t have to run the small tygon line. Opened to use 3x5 echo now. Shes alive and idle all day.

Was opening muffler baffle and notice a puddle of bar oil after topping tanks off.

I really hate these 46cc plastic saws even more now after cleaning and finding a crack in front of plastic tank. [emoji23]. I’ll seal all or steelstik or jb later.

Holding and doing I recall why I don’t like. Just don’t like the feel of this series 2750 2900 2.8 295 4620.

I have another case here too to use in another parts saw. I just really feel I already wasted enough time on this saw and I dont like them. So not worth my time.

View attachment 930259View attachment 930260View attachment 930261View attachment 930262

Maybe the ole soldering iron trick, melt it back together?? I’ve done it on other plastic things before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe the ole soldering iron trick, melt it back together?? I’ve done it on other plastic things before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I got a case here on the shelf. So not going to try that but someone with 1 or 2 saws maybe try that. I just used sealall to see if it stops the flood of bar oil leaking. Then part out or use for root cutter while still whole.

Dang things worth more in parts then they are whole runners here. Only bring 75-80 here ready to cut.

I really hate these 46cc plastic saws even more now after cleaning and finding a crack in front of plastic tank. 😂. I’ll seal all or steelstik or jb later.

View attachment 930259View attachment 930260View attachment 930261View attachment 930262
I like the 42cc better also...
In my case a P220.
Did a MM w deflector, advanced timing & new Stihl 3/8LP full chisel chain & it's a little beast!

Seems to be the one I grab the most for around the house work.
Pretty decent torque for a cheap saw (I gave $10 for it non running).

I got a pp5020 & 4620 running for a local pawnshop recently, and I could definitely tell the 5020 had more power, but I couldn't tell much difference between the 4620 & my 42cc P220 if any.
Neither saw cut noticeably better than my chrome bore P220.
Hell, it cuts as well or better than the 3-Stihl ms250's I've owned!

I like the 42cc better also...
In my case a P220.
Did a MM w deflector, advanced timing & new Stihl 3/8LP full chisel chain & it's a little beast!

Seems to be the one I grab the most for around the house work.
Pretty decent torque for a cheap saw (I gave $10 for it non running).
220 says 38cc on decal but really 42cc too like 260. Nice one I had I sold to friend local.

p220260 004.JPG

Not about the weight with those plastic saws to me since they dont weigh much as seen above.

It's the build of them I like the 260 over the 295 etc and IMO run the same. Talking stock to stock.

Every 46cc I have had come across the bench has loose clammy case bolts or missing some. Carb bolts loose, air filters loose etc.

They dont feel right in my hands either. Reminds me how I dont like the feel of a 262 angle at rear handle and trigger too.

But that is also why we have choices and free to choose one saw over another. I like what I like and others like what they like. I'm glad others are out there so I can pass the ones I dont care for into their hands to use. :cheers:

psignbb.jpg

Not about the weight with those plastic saws to me since they dont weigh much as seen above.

It's the build of them I like the 260 over the 295 etc and IMO run the same. Talking stock to stock.

Every 46cc I have had come across the bench has loose clammy case bolts or missing some. Carb bolts loose, air filters loose etc.

They dont feel right in my hands either. Reminds me how I dont like the feel of a 262 angle at rear handle and trigger too.

But that is also why we have choices and free to choose one saw over another. I like what I like and others like what they like. I'm glad others are out there so I can pass the ones I dont care for into their hands to use. :cheers:

View attachment 930465

Yep if I did not have enough of the 295's already I would take them off your hands in a heart beat. Like you say to each their own.
I worked on both the 295 and 260's also. Nothing I own in these saws are stock. No fun in that.

Yep if I did not have enough of the 295's already I would take them off your hands in a heart beat. Like you say to each their own.
I worked on both the 295 and 260's also. Nothing I own in these saws are stock. No fun in that.
I've even turned down the 50cc versions of them here local. I wish I would have thought and ran those by you.

Super clean 295 here now for 75 but I wont even look at it. Plus a couple craftsman versions.

I try not to run any plastic unless root cutting. If it has to be a 46cc saw then 2700 2800 2.8. Then if going to do that mise well run 49cc 54cc on same saws.

p2700.JPG

I've even turned down the 50cc versions of them here local. I wish I would have thought and ran those by you.

Super clean 295 here now for 75 but I wont even look at it. Plus a couple craftsman versions.

I try not to run any plastic unless root cutting. If it has to be a 46cc saw then 2700 2800 2.8. Then if going to do that mise well run 49cc 54cc on same saws.

View attachment 930617
I have enough mag case mid size Poulans for any job. Nothing against the plastics but I don’t have room for them. If I happen to get one that runs I sell it, if not it heads for the scrap yard.

I have enough mag case mid size Poulans for any job. Nothing against the plastics but I don’t have room for them. If I happen to get one that runs I sell it, if not it heads for the scrap yard.
I still take them in for parts and try and make a runner or 2 for the homeowner users on the cheap budget. 30-50 for the smaller ones ready to cut.

But they are a waste of time money labor wise unless you do your own work.

Only 1 in here I cared about for my labor redoing the grey 2000.

Might try the plastic homie, the plastic 2750 295 runs now but busted oil tank, the plastic yellow wen thing I just dont know if I want to do another or not.

sawsx.jpgsawsxxxxxxx.jpg

I still take them in for parts and try and make a runner or 2 for the homeowner users on the cheap budget. 30-50 for the smaller ones ready to cut.

But they are a waste of time money labor wise unless you do your own work.

Only 1 in here I cared about for my labor redoing the grey 2000.

Might try the plastic homie, the plastic 2750 295 runs now but busted oil tank, the plastic yellow wen thing I just dont know if I want to do another or not.

View attachment 930634View attachment 930635
That black Sears looks like a keeper

Well the redneck repaired oil tank that is basically 360 cracked around tank is slowed up to a ok drizzle.
😅
Root cutter chain installed and test cut with.
Someday parts will be sold as needed for 295 2750 2900 295 4620 and craftsman 46cc ones.

Everyone of these I ever had across the bench was 325 7T. Someone had switched this one over to the 3/8LP 6T. Which is cool as that was what I wanted to do too.

So now with a 16" 3/8LP and 6T it feels much better in the cuts then past 325 ones. Plus this one I opened baffle up inside.

p2750rnn.jpgp2750rnnn.jpgp2750rnnnn.jpgp2750rnnnnnn.jpgp2750rnnnnn.jpgp2750rnnnnnnn.jpgp2750rnnnnnnnn.jpgp2750rn.jpg

Got around to buck some bigger stuff I had. Swamp White Oak. Loggers forgot this one . Been laying out in woods for couple years now. Kept putting it off. But, finally got it cut into 4 sections and pulled out. Used my PP455 and was going to use my 5200, but all of sudden had no spark. Odd. So used the Husky 385xp on some of it.

Today I looked into the 5200 and concluded it was coil, after trying one off my older 5200. Saw fired on second pull. So went back out and cut some with it. Runs great. Anyone know if the plug wire can be reconnected inside of coil? It will spin rather easy, like not connected. The one I put in to replace it does not spin. Any way here are few pics and videos. Old Poulans in action, and old farmer too. LOL

101_0003.JPG

100_0020.JPG

101_0011.JPG

100_0018.JPG

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back