Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You see 8500 or the 3rd generations 6900 7700 ones up there?
@Todd Loosli you recall I cant if any 2nd Gens had 90 degree?
I don’t see much of them floating up here at all. Doesn’t mean they don’t exist tho. The one I got was just down the road, friend bought it new, and used the hell out of it. Bought it for a song and came with original paperwork and warrenty card. Full wrap was a bonus aswell140756FC-3E27-4AD7-BE78-05921F1C2DEE.jpeg

Purchased this chainsaw circa 1986. Was a nice little chainsaw , 18" bar. Had put it aside twenty years ago because it wasn't really running well. Lost the manual and in Craftman/Poulan infinite wisdom they put the model/serial sticker on the bottom of the saw which was worn off. To make a long story short I would like to rehabilitate. Have a several old Craftsman Poulans (3400, 3700, 3800) that I've rehabilitated and are running really well. Would like to do same for this but have no idea as to model number for parts. Any help in identifying this would be greatly appreciated. These forms have been of immense help. Thank you.IMG_3593.JPGIMG_3594.JPG

Forgot to add that I've done a lot of searching for something similar but have had no luck. What makes this are somewhat unique is the location of the gas tank in the handle. Have not found anything that looks like it. Thanks again for your help.

It just dawned on me that maybe this particular saw was not made by Poulan because of its somewhat unique design for the gas tank. Again any help would be appreciated in identifying. Thank you.

It just dawned on me that maybe this particular saw was not made by Poulan because of its somewhat unique design for the gas tank. Again any help would be appreciated in identifying. Thank you.

That’s a new one for me. But I’m not as versed as the rest around here. Looks like a nice saw tho.

What you have is a poulan 2400 just like this one. I have several and parts for them.PXL_20230203_204103752.jpg

Todd, thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my message!

I've spent a lot of time trying to track this down should've come here first.

Not sure what parts I'm going to need yet but typically crank seals, ring(s), gasket(s), carburetor rebuild.

Can you supply typical model number?

Nice looking 2400!

Again greatly appreciate your taking time to reply. Thank you.

I see that @barneyrb has not posted since 2020. Has anyone talked or related with him in any way lately? I would really like to talk to him. Thanks ahead of time.

Well killjoy. Craftoulan ran great today and I think I got the oiler tweaked but I'm not sure. I stuck the spikes in and raised up on the handle to finish a cut and popped both front av mount out! Looked like a Mac 35 with the bar pointed up at an angle. Back to the bench and looking for parts.
Got a Stihl 291 out to finish the load and broke a chain doing a bore cut.
Thankfully I had my boys 023 so I switched to 12" and under logs to finish the load.
Tough go of it today at the log pile! Lol

Back