Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the pending on your payment or did you get left behind.
About a year ago I found a 4000 for 75 on a sale place, got told it was mine and when I was going to pick it up. Was telling my son about it and he said he was going thru the area after work and would pick it up. That was good to hear so i told the seller that and it was ok by him. About 530 that evening i get a call from my son and he told me the guy had sold it because he was afraid i would not pick it up. What a jerk he is.

I have missed out on a saw deal more than once and I can assure you that # is higher than most on this forum can even imagine. Whether it was on here, fb, another site, auction, flemarket, eBay or just walking up the drive at a garage sale while the saw was walking out 20 times over lol. It’s just a saw and if it was in gods plan for me to get it I would’ve owned it is how I look at it. I’m definitely not going to have any sleep loss over a $15 3400...they are around every other corner it has seemed like in my last 25 years of looking for saws and still pass them up. Now when they come in a package deal and end up free after selling a few is always a good thing.

I have missed out on a saw deal more than once and I can assure you that # is higher than most on this forum can even imagine. Whether it was on here, fb, another site, auction, flemarket, eBay or just walking up the drive at a garage sale while the saw was walking out 20 times over lol. It’s just a saw and if it was in gods plan for me to get it I would’ve owned it is how I look at it. I’m definitely not going to have any sleep loss over a $15 3400...they are around every other corner it has seemed like in my last 25 years of looking for saws and still pass them up. Now when they come in a package deal and end up free after selling a few is always a good thing.
Ya it's not like losing out on a 90 cc or anything but they are solid little saws and I coud have made good money on it.
I just think if you post something for sale and I guy messages he's ready to buy right now a respectable person would respond and sell it to him.
I suppose there's a small chance someone beat me to the punch even tho I responded shortly after he posted it. Would still leave me wondering why it wasn't marked pending til 10 hours later. ?????
I tend to let other guys who inquired know if it has been sold out of common courtesy.
Many on marketplace have a rude, cut throat , kiss me --- disposition but oh well , that's on them.

Ya it's not like losing out on a 90 cc or anything but they are solid little saws and I coud have made good money on it.
I just think if you post something for sale and I guy messages he's ready to buy right now a respectable person would respond and sell it to him.
I suppose there's a small chance someone beat me to the punch even tho I responded shortly after he posted it. Would still leave me wondering why it wasn't marked pending til 10 hours later. ?????
I tend to let other guys who inquired know if it has been sold out of common courtesy.
Many on marketplace have a rude, cut throat , kiss me --- disposition but oh well , that's on them.
Yep there is a lot of non responsive sellers on web for sure. I let them be after a message because I know what’s coming. People are rude for sure.

Someone was giving this old Poulan away a few years ago. With a couple gas cans if I remember correctly. There’s a guy in town who’s bought some saws from me. He was looking for climbers. I have a crushed handle 201T otherwise good, an echo minus the recoil and this S25. He’s taking all 3 for a fair price. The first 2 as is, I told him I’d get the Poulan running. It’s crusty but they’re a solid saw under there. Needs the typical stuff for a 40 yo saw that’s never had a service. This is a mid era model, rounded handle and points, some had a Tillotson this has the walboro that the later saws used. It’s showing 145psi so it will get up and go no problem.C48FCC15-3B0A-4C5C-A020-13EE94F4D2D9.jpeg0B2A1090-3669-4936-896F-C0D0F8DC0629.jpeg6ACE68A3-8999-4672-BFB8-710F4214E8A6.jpeg

Attachments

• 272DBDB4-1392-4F3D-99DD-9B5F306AA9C9.jpeg
    272DBDB4-1392-4F3D-99DD-9B5F306AA9C9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Does anybody have experience with these chain brakes on the little countervibes? My 3700 is missing the brake flag, and all the moving parts. I have an orange 4000 parts saw with the mechanism but a broken band at the least. Would like to get one fully functional again. Are the Bands available ?
E3BE8E55-2171-44CB-9205-3254F01E0084.png

When I bought my 81 Jimmy off of marketplace, I saw it right when it was listed, the price was fair, and like usual it was 2 hours away.

I sent the guy a message that said "Very interested, have cash"
About 6 hours later I hear back from him and I was very surprised to hear he still had it. Talked with him on the phone, went to the farm and grabbed the trailer, and hit the road getting to the guys place at about 9pm.

I ended up buying it, and have had a bit of buyers remorse because it not as in good of shape as I had initially thought, but I had told him I would buy it if he held it for me, so I did.

7C58BA13-AE0C-47BF-9BA0-AE81C3C06653.jpeg

Well, the new recoil spring for this 4200 counter vibe seemed soft when I put it in, and I was correct. Only lasted for about 10 pulls.

I’m about done with this saw. Kind of regret buying it and seriously about ready to part it out on eBayCB13B515-CC73-4DD8-9D39-6CF2EED6B643.jpeg

Well I took my 3300 craftoulanroper to work with the intention of installing the new av mounts at lunch. Lunch time came and couldn't find the new mount bushings. Gave up assuming i left them in the shop.
Turned the shop inside out and finally checked behind the seat of the truck. Yep. Had em the whole dang time!! Oh well tomorrow is another day.
Hope to wrap it up tomorrow and start on the other black one I picked up. Would love to have a matched set of those saws. Nice for firewood. Strong enough, not too heavy.

Well, the new recoil spring for this 4200 counter vibe seemed soft when I put it in, and I was correct. Only lasted for about 10 pulls.

I’m about done with this saw. Kind of regret buying it and seriously about ready to part it out on eBayView attachment 1058041
Sure would like to see all of the spring. Don't think it is installed correctly. Let's see the bottom half of the picture

My one buddy dropped these off the other day. A guy he knows was throwing them in the trash. Started working on the craftsman yesterday. It did sputter with fuel down the carb. Compression seems good.Gonna need fuel lines and air filter. What's the best place to get parts. Thanks. FS.
20230217_094233.jpg20230216_075847.jpg20230215_124343.jpg

The first few times I got burned was a learning curve. Now I have people that tell me about one for sale or give me first crack at one. Those are some awesome and nice people. Had one show up on the door step about a month ago.
I sometimes offer 10 bucks or so extra to hold it til the next day .Works well.

Well I broke down the black 3300 today. Got about 5 lbs of oily crud. At least it wasn't petrified. That's the worst. Don't see any reason it would have backfired and died but I wasn't able to get the flywheel off yet. I didn't have a puller with me and I don't like to bang on them.
The key and all looked ok when I took the nut off but won't know for sure til it's apart.
Can't think of any other reason for a backfire than being out of time a bit.

Flywheel removed and all is well underneath.
Plug was jacked. New plug and it started good and idles well. Will see what happens under a load this weekend I hope. I discovered a puller will slip right in if you remove the muffler and heat shield. IMG_20230217_214412088.jpgIMG_20230217_210653601.jpg
View attachment VID_20230217_215023367.mp4

Did the porcelain nose/insulator crack and fall down covering the electrode? I have never seen that.

Latest posts

Back