Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is dog out ?
Dog or Bog... Falling out of a two strokes powerband, to a lower RPM that's almost or near impossible to use effectively. People complain about the CV3400, but it actually isn't too bad, with a tuned exhaust and a solid carburetor tuning in the Oak it deals with. I run a touch lean, so I can just makeout the 4 stroking at peak RPM. That's usually where I set all of my saws, if I actually tune them from over factory settings. Each to is own, I have a 18 year old Poulan 4216 that runs and starts like new, and in 18 years got a air filter, two sprockets and one clutch. So I really don't worry about my tuning method as it has proven itself effective enough to keep a 50hr Poulan alive for hundreds of hours of service and still Rockin An Rolling.

The clean outside 3.7 that looked new.

Still had the black duckbill for tank vent.
When I touched it before pic it just smeared goo.
Least it does show he didn’t clean under covers.
But did keep outside spotless though.
Thin ring 61cc

View attachment 1068484View attachment 1068485View attachment 1068486View attachment 1068487View attachment 1068488View attachment 1068489
Amazing how many differant recoil pulleys and flywheels came on the 3700. This one has the 3400 style. I've seen two other styles as well.

Amazing how many differant recoil pulleys and flywheels came on the 3700. This one has the 3400 style. I've seen two other styles as well.
I've only seen 2 different ones for 3700. 3400 style and that pins style. I'd take the 3400 style.

Then the 3rd style like on 4000. Bottom pic.

c37zzzz.jpg
p4000pulley.jpg

Todd - I've had good success bead blasting or sand blasting corroded magnesium and repairing the surface with JB Weld. Warming the work piece and the JB Weld really helps it flow into the smaller openings.

This crankcase is from a Solo twin, corrosion was pretty bad. I cleaned it up in the blast cabinet and found multiple holes all the way through.

26s.jpg

JB Weld to the rescue. The saw has been running (occasional use only...) for 7 years now.

34s.jpg

Mark

Latest posts

Back