Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you see a clutch cover decal that nice you know it hasn't been used much. On the big Poulan saws you lay it cover down so you can fuel and oil it. The decal doesn't last very long when you do it that way unless you have a towel under it. After that saw is cleaned it is going to look almost new.

Went thru carb, everything clean and with soft diaphragms. Replaced part of the fuel line with a way too big line, line in the tank is stiff but working. Cleaned it out and washed it a bit. Saw starts, idles, and runs WOT for its first run in 7 years possibly 8 since my uncle was able to before he got sick and passed. Will put a file on it and test some later.

245a top.jpeg245a clutch side2.jpeg245a flywheel side.jpeg245a flywheel.jpeg245a front side.jpeg245a front side1.jpeg

I have my fingers crossed so hard that I might have to borrow the saw to get them uncrossed.
Lol. With all the high recommendations on here I couldn't pass it up. He sounds like a stand up guy and I think it will be there for me. It has sat for a bit so I'm not sure I'll run it before looking it over well. The fella got to where he can't pull the rope on it anymore so he stopped using it after one last big tree a few years ago. They surprise you sometimes tho. I've had mac's sit for two or three years and fire right up.
It kinda bugs me sometimes to buy a saw when that's the only reason a fella is selling it but I guess I wouldn't want mine just rusting away. I'd rather know they were being used.

Went thru carb, everything clean and with soft diaphragms. Replaced part of the fuel line with a way too big line, line in the tank is stiff but working. Cleaned it out and washed it a bit. Saw starts, idles, and runs WOT for its first run in 7 years possibly 8 since my uncle was able to before he got sick and passed. Will put a file on it and test some later.

View attachment 1083498View attachment 1083499View attachment 1083500View attachment 1083501View attachment 1083502View attachment 1083503
This reminds me...... I have a 306a I need a reed for. Anxious to run it..... And a 361......and a pm 1000...... And an old Mac gear drive. So many saws , so little time!!!🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Bob when you get it pull the plug and put about 2cups of mix in and roll the saw around so that the inside is coated good dump it out and pull it over till it looks like most is out of the saw.
My 7700 had rusty bearings and was turning on the crank and bearing race, not a good thing. It's important to lub the inside.

Lol. With all the high recommendations on here I couldn't pass it up. He sounds like a stand up guy and I think it will be there for me. It has sat for a bit so I'm not sure I'll run it before looking it over well. The fella got to where he can't pull the rope on it anymore so he stopped using it after one last big tree a few years ago. They surprise you sometimes tho. I've had mac's sit for two or three years and fire right up.
It kinda bugs me sometimes to buy a saw when that's the only reason a fella is selling it but I guess I wouldn't want mine just rusting away. I'd rather know they were being used.
I have my fingers crossed so hard that I might have to borrow the saw to get them uncrossed.
Yeah, I'm getting a little nervous myself. How about giving the fella another "just checkin" call :D

Back