Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Walbro HDB. No governor. from reading up on check valves, seems plausable. Very erratic hi speed.
Have you cleaned the carb in an ultrasonic cleaner? I have occasionally put a carb that looked spotless in an USC and seen clouds if fine debris come smoking out as soon as I turned the cleaner on
Might work to free up a check valve.

No. Walbro HDB. No governor. from reading up on check valves, seems plausable. Very erratic hi speed.
Last time I check, that valve was still available. If you had another saw with same carb, can't hurt to swap it over and see what happens.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

He's the check valve kit.
be2ebb9e2cad555d101632d223a351c5.jpg

Have you cleaned the carb in an ultrasonic cleaner? I have occasionally put a carb that looked spotless in an USC and seen clouds if fine debris come smoking out as soon as I turned the cleaner on
Might work to free up a check valve.
I'll have to hire an exorcist if I use my wifes jewelry cleaner on the carb. Going to take the check valve out tomorrow and take a look.

Last time I check, that valve was still available. If you had another saw with same carb, can't hurt to swap it over and see what happens.

I planned that already.I already ordered a check valve for the saw. Worked 12 hrs today or else I would have done it today.

Drywall screw I managed to pick out the retaining ring.Worked the edge,lifted straight up.replaced the screen.Pretty easy.Valve looked perfect(black,hatch pattern)Moves easily and flat.Did get a small booger out of somewhere when I blew out the passages lightly.When rotating the saw nose up it gained 1000 rpm or so briefly.Runs smoother but still lacking rpms.

Where dos a guy get a set of (new)piston rings for a 3700?Switched carbs on both 3.7 craftsman saws.The rebuild carb (suspected bad) runs to top end on the known good saw,The nonrebuild carb on the suspect saw runs to mostly top end with some high end hesitation but only barely, but not perfect.Pulled cylinder,looks great, only the rings seem to have little tension although made 135psi.Surely someone has to sell these rings and have stock.I still think it crazy as hell someone doesnt make a cylinder kit for such a well designed saw.

Team Poulan, I've posted this on the "I saw it on CL/eBay Thread" but wanted to share here for our Poulan collectors or CAD sufferer's. "Three Poulan Bow Saws currently on Richmond Virginia's Craigslist. Located in Montpelier, about half an hour away. One is a 3400/3800, the other two appear to be either 306/245's. All three for $300.00." Just sharing and there it is. Max.

1638234089854.png

Where dos a guy get a set of (new)piston rings for a 3700?Switched carbs on both 3.7 craftsman saws.The rebuild carb (suspected bad) runs to top end on the known good saw,The nonrebuild carb on the suspect saw runs to mostly top end with some high end hesitation but only barely, but not perfect.Pulled cylinder,looks great, only the rings seem to have little tension although made 135psi.Surely someone has to sell these rings and have stock.I still think it crazy as hell someone doesnt make a cylinder kit for such a well designed saw.
Are you talking about the thin rings or the thick rings
Thin ring 3700 with chrome bore
Thick ring 3.7 and 3800 with chrome piston.

Back