Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That new saw is something that is just remarkable that they are out there and I don't know how to find one. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a new 5400. I'll give you 100.00 to send it to me so I can look at it and touch it very carefully then I will send it back to you i promise cross my heart.
How do you find something like that.
Where is the dawg for it. I have extra if you need one

Great find, good for you! Are your plans to fuel it or leave it be? Interesting chain brake and kit, I really like it. Can you share the story of how you found it? Have you known about it and it was finally the right time? Not getting too personal I hope, I just appreciate hearing the stories behind these great finds! Max.

What is the best fuel line available now for the small Poulans, in the .080”x.140” size line?
I still use regular tygon.
Tygon 4040 only one I still find for that size too.

Just make sure it is printed on the line you buy. The fakes are crap.

Got my third NIB unfueled saw today
From original owner,logger who swore by them.Never needed it it was in his closet for years.His others are still running
Came with new unused chain brake kit,bar,chain,and owners manual.View attachment 959178View attachment 959179View attachment 959180View attachment 959181
That is an awesome score!! Congrats. Love the chainbrake extra, too.

I've got a Craftsman version of the 5200 that RocketNorton sent me, but it is nowhere near as cherry as that and does not have a chainbrake.

Right place at the right time
I do have the dogs they are in the chainbrake kit.
I don't think i will fuel it,i will be it's caretaker for a while.
If i keep my basement as an entertainment area it will get displayed with the others out of sunlight.I have a wood basement so no chances of mag rot.

Back