Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230129_141531.jpg
I wonder how many 4000s are out there making 50 bucks an hour for their owners 🤔

Crazy hot today taking it pretty easy. 4 cuts wipe sweat repeat. This old girl runs like a charm still. It literally runs like a new saw. Sits there patiently idling away oiling like a champ.

I really like a impulse driven oiler for that. It's a pre oiled chain every time ya pick it up again

So I have a Poulan 2250 with AV that I’ve torn down and I’m fixing everything wrong with it and will be porting it. I got that one off of OfferUp a couple of months ago. Last weekend I won an eBay auction on a 2075 without AV that should be here in a few days. It needs even more help than the 2250. Today I won another auction on eBay for a 2550 with AV that seems to be in pretty good shape. I think it needs a good cleaning and a carb kit. Maybe air filter, fuel lines and a fuel filter. I don’t know what my obsession is with these little cheap saws, but I like them. I will probably end up porting all three of them.

I guess I should have called myself Poulan Nerd instead of Mac Guy 81. 🤣

Cool. Thanks for posting. Would love to get my hands on a 475/505
IMO go for the quad port 50mm PP445 or the 54mm singles PP505. Both updated.
475 the less desirable version IMHO. Owned them all several times.
PP425 48mm updated version of 415 with quads too.

psawssssssss.jpg

IMO go for the quad port 50mm PP445 or the 54mm singles PP505. Both updated.
475 the less desirable version IMHO. Owned them all several times.
PP425 48mm updated version of 415 with quads too.

View attachment 1052850
I’d jump on anything that popped up locally really. Thanks for the tip in the 445. I remember seeing that somewhere.

I’d jump on anything that popped up locally really. Thanks for the tip in the 445. I remember seeing that somewhere.
I've sent runners and parts up to BC over the years. So I know it is hard stuff to find up there.

Pricey shipping wise too and then they hit you for duty on a used saw. Which I think is BS.

@3000 FPS owns that middle 505 in my pic now. He has a nice stable of runners.

Just a few of the parts saws I pulled from for the bins of used parts.

ppartsstash.jpg

Back