Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back on this 4200 project. The recoil was making a aweful racket and wasn’t seeming to keep prsssure when wound, so I pulled it apart and the spring is broken in several places.

Anyone have a source for parts for these saws?

E67A397E-0E98-4E40-AB9B-484EB2A620BC.jpeg

Speaking of fee pay, I found a set of av mounts for my craftoulan on there last night. $18 was fair enough I guess. The saw runs great so it's worth spending $ on. Never have figured out exactly what saw it is but the ad said the mounts were for a 3300 poulan. I think part of the issue was there seems to be a plastic insert that pushes into the rubber part of the mount once it's in place ( like a lot of saws ) there was nothing there when I got the saw so maybe the ones on their way will be the silver bullet to the problem.

Speaking of fee pay, I found a set of av mounts for my craftoulan on there last night. $18 was fair enough I guess. The saw runs great so it's worth spending $ on. Never have figured out exactly what saw it is but the ad said the mounts were for a 3300 poulan. I think part of the issue was there seems to be a plastic insert that pushes into the rubber part of the mount once it's in place ( like a lot of saws ) there was nothing there when I got the saw so maybe the ones on their way will be the silver bullet to the problem.
You talking about these av's? Make sure you have the fat coarse fastener to tank in there inside.

Yes these black plastic caps go in them with a fat coarse fastener too on outside. But seen many run without these,

pavx.jpgpavxssss.jpg

It currently has nothing that looks like the second pic. That's probably the issue with it.
Old pic with everything there so you can see. Some of them came with a plastic chain tensioner that goes inside, just in case yours is one of those. It is the plug and tensioner all in one.

This was a parts saw I got with some case rot as seen. Someone used jb over the case rot.

c33ffffffffff.jpg

Old pic with everything there so you can see. Some of them came with a plastic chain tensioner that goes inside, just in case yours is one of those. It is the plug and tensioner all in one.

This was a parts saw I got with some case rot as seen. Someone used jb over the case rot.

View attachment 1055953
That helps a ton. Thanks so much.

I'm doing the testing and I'm not sure when or if they will be available. Things with china aren't going so good.
I'm with you and a lot of other people that would love to have a 4000 kit. Takes a thousand kit order to get them is what I have heard. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the day they are available. Can't do anything better than that.

I just finished a refresh on this saw. This one is my Dads. Bought new in either ‘79 or ‘80. Used it for years to heat the house. He bought a new Stihl in the late 90s and this one sat. I remember bringing it to a shop and the owner telling me you can’t replace the fuel line on that saw. Sounded like ******** to me but I left it there as scrap not knowing better. That bothered me so I went back and got it with a few other saws that were “junk”. This was the second saw I “built”. And I’m sure you could find the post here. Fuel line, carb kit, gaskets. Then it ran. Used it for another 10 years and then it sat for a few more. They moved to a smaller house (more land) and I go the saw again. Just had its 3rd fuel line and filter. Carb was fine. Runs great again. Wiped it down sharpened the chain, it’s ready for another 10 year run.BB50D1FE-9FBC-47C0-9103-70CF3597CC60.jpeg009494F5-4420-43B7-9C71-4A237A957883.jpeg

Cool story-
I just finished a refresh on this saw. This one is my Dads. Bought new in either ‘79 or ‘80. Used it for years to heat the house. He bought a new Stihl in the late 90s and this one sat. I remember bringing it to a shop and the owner telling me you can’t replace the fuel line on that saw. Sounded like ******** to me but I left it there as scrap not knowing better. That bothered me so I went back and got it with a few other saws that were “junk”. This was the second saw I “built”. And I’m sure you could find the post here. Fuel line, carb kit, gaskets. Then it ran. Used it for another 10 years and then it sat for a few more. They moved to a smaller house (more land) and I go the saw again. Just had its 3rd fuel line and filter. Carb was fine. Runs great again. Wiped it down sharpened the chain, it’s ready for another 10 year run.View attachment 1056123View attachment 1056124
Cool saw!

I picked up a Dayton 2Z463B at an estate sale a while back that needed some parts. Well, a 2Z463 came up on ebay recently as a parts saw and supposedly was won then no pay relisted. So I watched it and decided to swing at it. It's not a parts saw....it's a runner! Still need a parts saw now...dang it. Very clean, doesn't show much use / abuse really with the exception of clutch cover repair. Put a new fuel line in the tank, a new valve in the fuel cap, and went through carb with cleaner spray.....runs really good and idles good so far. Had a 24" echo bar and chain laying around.
Dayton.jpegDayton1.jpegDayton2.jpeg

Latest posts

Back