No start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This saw does sit more than it gets used, so a stiff diaphragm might be the problem.

Would be a cool thing to do to return the saw better than you borrowed it. Carb rebuild, new fuel filter (hoses?), spark plug, air filter, new chain, detail cleaned...

Dad borrowed a ragged out cement mixer once. Darn thing broke after he hardly got any use out of it. Bought the guy a new mixer. So Dad spent the money and STILL didnt have his own cement mixer. I don't recall him borrowing things after that. If he needed a tool he bought it.

Update: Got home today, pulled the air filter and spark plug, blew compressed air through carb and into the cylinder, reinstalled everything, put it on fast idle, pulled rope and it started. Smoked a bit at first the cleared up and ran perfect. Hopefully it was just flooded bad.

Next time one floods up on you, you might consider pulling it a number of times with the plug still out. I've had good results every now and then by heating up the spark plug with a cigarette lighter and then pulling the rope while it is still hot.

By the way: cooking the spark plug cherry-red with a propane torch isn't a good idea. Not good for the plug! Go ahead. Ask me how I know.

Back