• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NOS Oregon 29" Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not certain but I believe the 09&09s is its own model. I sold a 08s to my brother in law last September. I believe it was 56cc.
In all the years of messing with saws I have never seen not heard of a 09/09S. There was the 07 and of course boatloads of 08's. Stihl had a 009 but it is a small saw with no correlation to large saws.

Well I did some digging tonight and found some information but not as much as I had hoped. As for the bar mount the Oregon sleeve was labeled Stihl because that is what they were sold to fit. The number 23779 is the ID number that pre-dates the more recognized and more recent system of assigning a classification of the early 1980's of E031 for bars that fit large Stihl or D033 for the large Dolmars. It looks like the basic difference between those two is the E031 has the 2 oiler holes drilled straight through whereas the D033 has one drilled through and one half-blind.
Now back to the bars at hand. The 1979 Oregon book shows the 23779 as a 29" .404 bar for the large Stihl saws. It shows it as a special order only bar. As for chains Oregon generally lists the driver counts but in this case they did not for 23779 as it was a special order.. The 25" bar with a solid nose calls for 80 drivers. The same design sprocket nose bar as you have in 33" is #23310 and calls for 99 drivers.
Now here is a bit more information the #23779 and #23310 are listed as fitting Stihl E15,050,051,07,08, 09, 09S, S10, and E30. I am a bit confused at what they mean with 09 and 09S. I assumed it was a misprint and they meant 090 but the next listing has the 090. They have a separate listing for Stihl 070 and 090. Now as I mentioned earlier the #23310 is listed as a 33" bar fitting the Stihl E15,050,051,07,08, 09, 09S, S10, and E30. . It calls for 99 drives. They then list #26041 as a 33" for the 070/090 with one extra link.
So in summary I cannot shed anymore real information than what you already know. I had hoped I could. As for driver count if someone has used the bars with 93 drivers then obviously it should be right. I am just going off what Oregon lists. The same bar in 33" takes 99DL which is 79.99 inches. A 93DL chain would be 75.144 inches so for simple sakes lets say the 33" bar takes 80 inches of chain at 93Dl the 29" bar would only take just shy of 5 inches less. That seems odd. Last night I was going to post I figured about 88DL but I wanted to check the book. Since the book does not list a driver count it is trial and error. A 88 driver chain should be 71.10 inches or 8.70 inches less than what is listed for the 33" bar. That seems more in line but if someone is using 93dl so be it.

Bill
Well that’s a wealth of knowledge right there! Thanks Bill!

In all the years of messing with saws I have never seen not heard of a 09/09S. There was the 07 and of course boatloads of 08's. Stihl had a 009 but it is a small saw with no correlation to large saws.
Good to know. Thank you for the good information Bill. I did know that the 009 was a model. I just wasn't sure if there was ever a 09 or09s.

Just got my bars they are super close to a Tsumura 404 063 I have. Like 1/4-3/8” longer is all. Tail on these bars are E099 size in width, my previous D033 bars had thinner tails like a D009 with a 14mm slot. Can be used for either Dolmar or Stihl. My Carlton/Tsumura 30” bar that uses Carlton B3 404/063 chain, 92DL long leaves 6 full dl’s exposed for rim fitment. I have not tried to mount with a 92DL chain yet… it might be a smidge to tight for comfort. I would guess 93DL’s would be a perfect fit.

I have a bunch of good comparison pics I could post but the app won’t let me post them…

Close, but not quite. I'm looking for an oddball dark grey tip from the 80's, like so: I found that bar's nos little brother sans tip and I'd love to have a period-correct 3/8 tip for the bar.
View attachment 955570View attachment 955571
If you're looking for the tip in the picture I have a new one in 3/8 pitch that doesn't have a package or a rivet . If Mike can't help you, and if this is the tip you want let me know and I'll send it.

Just got my bars they are super close to a Tsumura 404 063 I have. Like 1/4-3/8” longer is all. Tail on these bars are E099 size in width, my previous D033 bars had thinner tails like a D009 with a 14mm slot. Can be used for either Dolmar or Stihl. My Carlton/Tsumura 30” bar that uses Carlton B3 404/063 chain, 92DL long leaves 6 full dl’s exposed for rim fitment. I have not tried to mount with a 92DL chain yet… it might be a smidge to tight for comfort. I would guess 93DL’s would be a perfect fit.

I have a bunch of good comparison pics I could post but the app won’t let me post them…
Thanks for the update man! Good info to have.

So it's darn close to a big stihl mount bar. So would an old 10mm jonsered d024 mount work with 2mm spacers or an adapter. And obviously a little oiler hole modification?

S

Shouldn't a husky adapter to stihl work if you just open the holes 1mm? I never tried it before. Didn't even think of it cause I personally think a stihl emblem on a jonsered saws bar is sacrilegious..lol
Yeah, I guess you could. The distance between the studs would be the other determining factor, though.

If that adapter can be made to work I would definitely buy a bar
I'm pretty sure that'll work Dan. I use the big Stihl bars as is on my big Dolmars, and I also use the Jonsered and Husky bars on big Dolmars. I have to replace the Dolmar bar studs with 10mm Jonsered studs, and for a Husky bar I have to file the stud slot to 10mm, but everything else works as is. If you follow that line of reasoning backwards, it would seem that the Husky adapter filed out to 10mm should make it a plug 'n play deal for you on the Jonsereds.

Latest posts

Back