Not all chainsaws have inertia activated chain brakes for kickback.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I switched to the EZ smart track saw, love that system. So much safer and easier for one person. Makes a nice 8' straight edge for checking things like floor level for hardwood floors too.
Yeah, I want a track saw for sheet goods, but don't want to take out a second mortgage for a FoolsTool® (what are they now, about $150 grand???) so I'm thinking of making one and painting it green...

Yeah, I want a track saw for sheet goods, but don't want to take out a second mortgage for a FoolsTool® (what are they now, about $150 grand???) so I'm thinking of making one and painting it green...
Not sure. I bought mine years ago when they first came out. It paid for itself quickly as I built my kitchen cabinets with it. Along with a Bench Dog router table that I highly recommend coupled with a Bosch 1/2" collet router.

Router tables are great. I added a cast iron router table wing to my TS and use that as router table...the heavy weight of the TS is nice to better launch workpieces through the wall...

Router tables are great. I added a cast iron router table wing to my TS and use that as router table...the heavy weight of the TS is nice to better launch workpieces through the wall...
I use feather boards on mine top and side, but no doubt I launched one that had to be freehand.

Back