Notch Gecko Aluminum Spikes. Opinions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wisconsintreeguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Noticed these spikes on sale at sherrille tree and was considering them. I only climb a few times a year with some super old steel spikes that I really don't know much about. These seem to be a great deal but I'm also suspicious as to why they are on sale ? Do people like these? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 5.16.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 5.16.13 PM.png
    376 KB · Views: 1
I considered them when I got my last set. I chose the steel instead. I’m sure the aluminum are just as good if you want to save a little weight. The boots I wear to climb are pretty heavy already so I didn’t see the point in worrying about it. And steel seems less forgiving and easier to plant the spike good, but I’ve never used anything else so that might just be in my head. But those you posted are stupid cheap, that’s a good deal. My guess is you have guys that buy steel for steel, and guys that spend money to shed weight and go strait to carbon and so the aluminum doesn’t sell well.

These will be a nice upgrade from what you're using now.
I would guess the reason they have dropped in price is that they now have a newer version of them, the 2.0, which has better padding and more padding, also velcro on the bottom strap with a quick connection on that strap as well.
Heres a link for the 2.0,
In the link you can buy the new style lower straps if you wanted, look down to the bottom of the page. Or just snag up the carbon version for around 799 :).
Edit, you can get 15% off these here if you've never ordered there ;), it works out to be 467.50.

https://bishco.com/notch-gecko-alum...IZT0QcMtcnMsvP62TmdS6fzg8-86WKyRoCoRkQAvD_BwE

Back