nwp performance parts - big bore kits.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big bore

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi all,
are these new nwp big bore kits any good? :confused:anyone have
good or bad comments regarding them.?:deadhorse: just want my saw to be :lifter::lifter:

There is no replacement for displacement. Grinding aluminum is fun but the power of more cubes is always better.

When you say displacement you're only talking 7cc's. A ported OEM jug will run way better than a bb kit. Besides, there's only so much more displacement you can have in a saw before the lack of crankcase volume starts to effect low end torque.

When you say displacement you're only talking 7cc's. A ported OEM jug will run way better than a bb kit. Besides, there's only so much more displacement you can have in a saw before the lack of crankcase volume starts to effect low end torque.

A complete port job has crankcase porting involved anyways. You need more crankcase volume for major improvements on increasing flow in the engine to complement the larger ports. Problem being the geometry and engineering of saws as far as case volume is concerned is very conservative.

To improve low end torque you advance your timing but this effects your high end power range. Saws are meant to make power at high RPM not mid range.

ok, so we seem to have a mixed response. i have a brand new nwp big bore cylinder and piston setting right in front of me on the table.
is it worth porting it, or bolt it on as is, will it starve the saw if i port the big bore cylinder due to a lack of crankcase pressure? this saw does not seem to have a lot of tork as it is. its my 1st stihl 046, so i dont know if that is just the way this saw is normally. it cuts great! im just messing around with it, not for competion or anything, i cut fire wood. but hey, a ripping saw makes life allot better.:hmm3grin2orange:

Back