"Official" 2018 Pacific NW GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heffalump

Y'all Mofo's Need Jesus
Reaction score
Here is last year's post from Bob @Farley9n, which Jim copied and pasted for the 0-P-E thread. He edited the dates accordingly.

"The mostly annual Pacific Northwest GTG will be taking place between the 8th to the 11th of June. There will be a couple of work crews a bit before. The location is just East of Springfield, Oregon about 13 miles from inter State 5. We are right on the Mckenzie River and have room for all types of camping. Lots of wood all sizes, all saws are welcome. We have a throwing axe target, climbing trees, cooking area, fire pit (sometimes called the B/S place), and an outdoor shower with hot and cold water. We have a GREAT bunch of regulars and each year we have added some TERRIFIC newcomers! You can watch this spot for more information as the time gets closer, check other saw sites for our postings, and/or go to our Facebook page. (Pacific Northwest GTG) There you can see pictures of past GTGs. Before closing I would like to point out to those of us who like the Hot Saws this GTG has plenty and is also the home of the current PNW Wild Thing Champ!!!".

Jim added that there will be cant races and hopefully a 24" log race for the big saws. The availability of the right size log is what will determine that.
Cant race classes are 3 cube on up, but it really depends on the turnout. All versions of race saws and hotsaws are welcome and encouraged.

Bob (@Farley9n ) has a GTG Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/120250391322484/ Message him here on AS, there on FB, or over at 0-P-E for directions/instructions.

Also (shameless plug) Mrs. Heffalump and I will be hosting a 1 day Mini-GTG "Prep-Rally" at our place in North Plains on June 2nd, the Saturday prior to the main event. Last year's thread here with this year's date updates.

The 2018 PNW GTG has been stickied. Pretty sure that makes this important. ;)

June 8th through June 11th, 2018, "Farleyville", Oregon.

Hit Bob (@Farley9n ) up on the Official PNW Facebook Page!

This year's GTG should be absolutely fantastic!!

19059290_10209653593401066_3274444574738153355_n.jpg

Hope you all have a good time and safe travels as I sit here on vacation at the beach in the midst of seven women discussing hair styles. Been resisting the urge to flee further south and answer the call of a cream puff MS361 on CL for $350. I thought I had it suppressed but present circumstances are not helping.

Ron

Having lunch at the intersection of Hwy 30 and I15 (McCammon, ID) right now...

Mark
Hi Mark! Little good news for you: due to a couple of cancellations you will now be able to move away from your usual Heimannm Springs camp and into the often reserved Southeast grass & shade high rent area. Looking forward to seeing you! ( insert knowing smile here)

Latest posts

Back