old sub 100.00 saws in my area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relatively easy to work on, but make sure you have the clutch and drum that you want when you put it together because you have to pull the engine from the housing to replace either one.

Many of the early saws had a fixed H jet and some run way too rich. The fully adjustable carburetors from later saws can be used as a replacement.

Mark

the fuel tank on this saw is full of what looks like clean 30 or 40 weight oil. this is preferrable to having it sit for years with bad premix but I'm wondering if this was done on purpose to "pickle" it for a long time unused. the woman told me it was running great when her husband bought a new saw and put it up.

the fuel tank on this saw is full of what looks like clean 30 or 40 weight oil. this is preferrable to having it sit for years with bad premix but I'm wondering if this was done on purpose to "pickle" it for a long time unused. the woman told me it was running great when her husband bought a new saw and put it up.
Chances are that was the demise of the saw. Oil in the gas tank they don’t run long. I’ve got a few like that Clean the fuel system and carb and they run great

Back