• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Older model McCulloch chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lanedrew

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for an older mcculloch chainsaw, something like a d45 or 1-41 or something like that, bigger the saw the better (70cc+), or even like a eager beaver 3.7 or timber bear, running or non running is fine, not picky on the condition, as long as it’s not a huge major project with lots of missing parts. Uncle of mine has quite a few of these saws that I ran in the mountains at one time and I really took an interest in them, would like to find one for myself, add some yellow to my collection of husqys, thank you much!

Looking for an older mcculloch chainsaw, something like a d45 or 1-41 or something like that, bigger the saw the better (70cc+), or even like a eager beaver 3.7 or timber bear, running or non running is fine, not picky on the condition, as long as it’s not a huge major project with lots of missing parts. Uncle of mine has quite a few of these saws that I ran in the mountains at one time and I really took an interest in them, would like to find one for myself, add some yellow to my collection of husqys, t
I have many. What would your top preference be?
Maybe like a 1-41 that’s needs a little tlc, or non running, or a model close to that

I have a 25 yo Timber Bear that hasn't been run for a couple of years. It's in pretty good shape and has a good chain and bar. It is not my favorite saw and it never got much use. Heavy for its power, it has no chain brake and it is hard to start after sitting. It's always been that way. I have the product literature it came with. I have a couple of Stihls and Huskies that are my go to saws. If Bill can't find anything better, drop me a PM.

Might not need a carb kit so long as it is pulling fuel. Can be worth pulling the mixture needles right out and squirting some carb cleaner though them. The high side as an atomiser screen that can just be waxed up and the low side holes are pretty small and can do the same.

Back