Olympyk, Olympic, Oleo Mac, Emak, Efco, Blitz, Folux, Spartan, Spartacus thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a 264F listed on the local craigslist for $125, is that a decent price? I passed on one a couple of months ago 'cause it was missing the chain brake. I do have a really good running 244F that I gave $25 for at a local flea market.The guy thought it was a cheap Chinese made saw and no one wanted it.Also just picked up a Pioneer P11 that is a rebadged Oly 240.It's not running but it's all there and only cost me $8.00!:D

I'd have jumped on a 264 for that price, in good condition.

So you're saying there's a Oly-Pioneer connection? I guess that helps explain the urge to buy the P60 I'm working on, well either that or I wanted a 100cc saw.

Link to old IPL's Efco - Out of Production

I have an Olympyk 935 that I use as needed, a 251 project, and not sure if it fits or not but the McCulloch Titan 57 which I think may be from the same factory?

The 935 gets very little attention but does get used and has been remarkably reliable even if it leaks a bit of oil. I did put a new drum/sprocket and a new chain on it last year, then didn't have a need to run it again.

Mark
Mark,
What about the little Titan 7, who made that one?
Bob

$125 is way too much for an old 264, unless you are a collector and the saw is pristine. Can't imagine why you would want that old model instead of one of the newer Efcos ?

$125 may be on the high end for one of those. They go on E-bay for about $100 if they are real nice. But if its a runner and has been gone over and is clean, you surely could do worse.

Check E-Bay for the Clearance John Deeres/ Efcos if you really are looking for a bargain. You won't find one for $125, but you can get top grade saws, equall to the Husky and Stihl offerings for bargain money. My neighbor got the 62cc JD for $299 with the 5 year warraunty. My other neighbor bought her husband the 46cc version for $159 from the same guy.

I saw a deal on the 152 Efco that was around $279 after rebate last week or so.

on another thread i'm hearing that the 165 doesn't have the oomph the 162 does. anyone know why? also, is the bottom end of the 156 big enough to support upsizing the p&c? if so, how much bigger?

Does anyone know if there is a connection between the the old european mccullochs and the oleo-macs and current day emaks? It was mentioned in a thread way back...just thought id bring it up in here to put it to rest if there is not.

Does anyone know if there is a connection between the the old european mccullochs and the oleo-macs and current day emaks? It was mentioned in a thread way back...just thought id bring it up in here to put it to rest if there is not.

not sure about the old eur mccullochs but the oleo macs and emaks are both from the folds at efco.

on another thread i'm hearing that the 165 doesn't have the oomph the 162 does. anyone know why? also, is the bottom end of the 156 big enough to support upsizing the p&c? if so, how much bigger?
The factory HP specs show the 165 making less power than the old 62cc model, so it would seem to be detuned for sure.

Until someone posts a teardown report on the 165 with port maps and chamber volume, we have no way to know what was changed or why.

I'm thinking the 156 has a shorter stroke than the 165 so the bigger top end may not be straightforward.

The factory HP specs show the 165 making less power than the old 62cc model, so it would seem to be detuned for sure.

Until someone posts a teardown report on the 165 with port maps and chamber volume, we have no way to know what was changed or why.

I'm thinking the 156 has a shorter stroke than the 165 so the bigger top end may not be straightforward.

Thats what I was thinking..since it is a stroker..that should account for the lesser RPM's but what about the HP rating?? We need stihl crazy to do a thread up on this 165 like he did for the efco 152.
Like this one..http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/133888.htm

The 1mm longer stroke is not enough to drop the RPM's significantly, so that doesn't explain much.

We'll just have to wait for a detailed report from TW or someone.

True....stihl crazy has a 165 and he seems interested in finding out what we all want to know....I pm'd him and begged him to make efco 165 thread like his efco 152 long term test thread. http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/133888.htm

Only time will tell...hopefully he can find the time to enlighten us.

I should be getting a low hour 165 soon. Sold 3 156s and a 165 to a guy. He can't stand the 165. None of his crew will run it they hate it. The 156 is stronger. I am taking it back, and giving him a new 156.

When it comes I will do either a long term test or send it out for porting. Which do you want see?

Long term test. But I am amazed by the 156 vs 165 reaction from your customers. Tuning problem?

Last edited:
I should be getting a low hour 165 soon. Sold 3 156s and a 165 to a guy. He can't stand the 165. None of his crew will run it they hate it. The 156 is stronger. I am taking it back, and giving him a new 156.

When it comes I will do either a long term test or send it out for porting. Which do you want see?

how bout long term test with porting in the middle of the test?

True....stihl crazy has a 165 and he seems interested in finding out what we all want to know....I pm'd him and begged him to make efco 165 thread like his efco 152 long term test thread. http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/133888.htm

Only time will tell...hopefully he can find the time to enlighten us.

hey slip, a little off topic, did you see this
"Cub Cadet" model CS-5220, 20"in Large Gas Chainsaw - eBay (item 220727055156 end time Jan-25-11 17:09:10 PST)

Latest posts

Back