OMG! My Wife's and I Next Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that was a little bit close. Didn't look like it would touch the building from there.
It didn't while standing there before cutting it.
I rolled that tree around in my head for over a week and still almost screwed up.
You couldn't see it from the camera angle, but when the wedge cut closed up while falling it pull it hard to the left.
That's the reason it busted on the left side of the wedge cut.
My wife pulling with the truck helped also.

The wife and I cut load #2 today. All green White Oak.
We stopped short of a full load because of the weight.
My wife Debbie loaded most of that while I was cutting. I loaded the heavier rounds.

View attachment 866758

We got rid of the dangerous limbs today. What we couldn't pull of with the truck, I sawed off with the pole saw.
View attachment 866759

View attachment 866760

>>> Vid pulling the biggest limb off. <<<

Thanks for looking.
That's great and that is a behemoth of an oak. Glad you and the wife are enjoying the firewood gathering. Makes for great memories while your enjoying the warmth of the fire on a cold snowy day.

I've boiler gas in my XL-12s and one PM700 on hot days.
The Homelites I pulled the flywheel off to clean the saw cake out from behind the flywheel and that helped dramatically.
I think having a decent log roller/kant would really help you out Clint, i can find them locally at the flea market. 20211027_091538.jpg

I've boiler gas in my XL-12s and one PM700 on hot days.
The Homelites I pulled the flywheel off to clean the saw cake out from behind the flywheel and that helped dramatically.
I think having a decent log roller/kant would really help you out Clint, i can find them locally at the flea market. View attachment 939847
Thanks. I have a kant hook. It's the type that has a stand to hold the wood off the ground while bucking.

Latest posts

Back