Opinion needed: Nice 026 (pics included) vs used like-new MS260 Pro. . . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice 026. 260 is basically same saw and also came standard and PRO. Great little saws that should last a lifetime.

Dont worry about the oiler. I used to, but it means nothing in the real world. Even if you let it sit idleing, it’s running at 20% the rpm and oiling at that rate as well.

As for the carb, they are finicky. New Walbro 194 went up in price on eBay. Used to be $40, now 50-60 bucks. You can try a rebuild kit first, but I’d probable toss a new one on and don’t look back. You can spend $10 on an oem rebuild kit, but you may not have success. Sometimes the little passages under the Welch plug gum up and need to be cleaned out. It’s a learning curve and you may be throwing an extra $10 away instead of saving $40.
I agree, don't worry about the oiler, I actually prefer the constant oiler. Tired of saws that barely oil. I rebuilt an 026 a while back, bought a used "non-pro" oiler off ebay. Chain is always wet. Been cutting a lot lately with it, and I'll occasionally let it idle a while on the ground if I'm dragging brush, etc. But if you don't let the saw just sit there and idle for an excess amount of time, it's all good. Usually works out to about a tank of oil per tank of fuel. The non-pro oiler does require saw cleaning a little more often, which I don't mind

Reminds me of my metal tag 026 i got for a hundo with the case.
a0501438bf9c9428eebabdd99cc139fc.jpg
81daa749c00d08ff6585557dc1c7214f.jpg
8e2eab766065d76f120aa6fda7448df6.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back