• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Or sell NOS 24" stihl bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welder56

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
got this bar today And realized I don't really want to run a .404 chain on my 044 (with a spacer).

It's a NOS stihl 24" bar. Has some tiny marks and very light scratching from storage
It has the original box with it. The box is a little rough From sitting And aging
Pitch - .404, Guage- 0.063
Box says it fits a 051, 076, and 084.
Part Number - 3002 000 9731

would trade for a comparable new or used VERY little 3/8 pitch, 24" stihl bar for my 044.

Or sell for for $80 (baileys has it listed for $120).

I will take pictures first thing tomorrow morning. Weird thing is the bar has the E on it and not an ES . The box says it's a Super. bar has removable sprocket nose. I will let the pictures speak for themselves tomorrow :)

That's a 3002 mount which is for the 088/MS880 and other large mount Stihls. It could be modified to fit an 070 or 090 as their oiler and adjuster holes are different than the 3002 mount.
This was never the correct bar for an 044 which requires a 3003 mount.

Agreed. It's a long story why I ended up with it. But I can understand why it's not desired because it's a short bar for a big saw like that

Agreed. It's a long story why I ended up with it. But I can understand why it's not desired because it's a short bar for a big saw like that

24" isn't so bad. My local dealer has a 16" 3002-mount bar that they got due to someone's mistake, sitting amongst a pile of junk behind the counter. They couldn't figure out who would use such a thing.

24" isn't so bad. My local dealer has a 16" 3002-mount bar that they got due to someone's mistake, sitting amongst a pile of junk behind the counter. They couldn't figure out who would use such a thing.
My dad runs a 21" on his 075 regularly. Says if it's bigger than 42" his put his big bar on.. :) they balance real nice with the short bars..

I will look when I get home tomorrow but I think I have an 036 top/front handle. Would a 360 handle be the same?

I need to edit the post I guess. I don't have an 036 anymore so I don't need the handle. Could use a hd87 carb tho, Or a nice 254 top cover

Back